Cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to give it a couple days, and don't open a second thread with the same question. Just bump your thread if nobody's answering. Some of us only check the forum once a day.

I posted an answer to your vacuum question on your other thread. Hopefully a moderator can merge your two threads.
Sorry ill see if I can delete the second one

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I want a really mean idle in my daily basically

A mean idle and terrible drivability for a truck with a bone stock engine? Because that's what a 229/229 on a 108 is gonna give you. The blackbox can be tuned for a cam just fine. But a 411 is just all around better period. And you'll find more tuners are familiar with it vs a blackbox.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mean idle and terrible drivability for a truck with a bone stock engine? Because that's what a 229/229 on a 108 is gonna give you. The blackbox can be tuned for a cam just fine. But a 411 is just all around better period. And you'll find more tuners are familiar with it vs a blackbox.
what is the biggest factor in the terrible drivability will it just be very sluggish with a stock stall?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
what is the biggest factor in the terrible drivability will it just be very sluggish with a stock stall?

You do realize that as you go bigger with a cam it kills your low end torque at the expense of top end power, right? What RPM range do you typically operate in when you drive that thing? If your only goal is a choppy idle, you have to understand everything else you're going to give up for it.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that as you go bigger with a cam it kills your low end torque at the expense of top end power, right? What RPM range do you typically operate in when you drive that thing? If your only goal is a choppy idle, you have to understand everything else you're going to give up for it.
Typically i operate at idle to maybe 1600rpm i drive it really nice other than the occasional pull would it still get going from 0 just fine in normal driving conditions? as long as it can do that im not too bothered by loss of low end torque

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Typically i operate at idle to maybe 1600rpm i drive it really nice other than the occasional pull would it still get going from 0 just fine in normal driving conditions? as long as it can do that im not too bothered by loss of low end torque
You drive a 5,000+ lbs brick on wheels trust me when I say you will be bothered by the low end torque loss, especially the kind of loss a cam like that would have.