Cam Choice for Gen VI 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful car! The first generation Monte Carlos are the best looking in my opinion. Like a Chevelle mixed with a Cadillac.

Thank you!

I like to think of it as a luxury Chevelle. It's even built on the same frame so lots of Chevelle parts bolt right up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Picking up my dad's 82, has a 454 and TH400 with 9".

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picking up my dad's 82, has a 454 and TH400 with 9".

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm jealous. I've had the itch for a G-body for a long time now. I actually almost bought a white '88 SS before my dad offered to sell me the '70. Someday I'd still like to add an '80s Buick Regal or Oldsmobile Cutlass to the collection.

Sorry for turning this thread into the Monte Carlo thread by accident. :lol:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for the Cutlasses myself, the Hurst and the 442 even though they were turds in stock form.

Shwoody

Reaction score
I always forget to check this forum.
No worries, talk about all the Monte Carlo's you want. That '82 is sweet too.

I think I'm going to order a set of AFR 265cc heads on Monday. They're complete and partially CNC'd for a little over $2k.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1970, first year. It's still a little rough around the edges but it's coming together. Really fun to drive!

You must be registered for see images

Beautiful car!

Sorry to hijack, but my dad had a '70 that my aunt gave him, same color. His was a factory a/c, Muncie 4 speed, bucket seat car. A lot of people would always argue with him that it was not possible to get that combo. My uncle was a big wig at GM when he ordered the car like that. He had to sell it a few years back to recoup some money that was stolen for him. We both loved that car and were very sad to see it go. It was actually listen on Craigslist a few months ago for $9500. I tried to trade him my Tahoe and cash for it, but he only wanted cash. I'd put a pic up but I don't feel like registering at a hosting website. LOL

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful car!

Sorry to hijack, but my dad had a '70 that my aunt gave him, same color. His was a factory a/c, Muncie 4 speed, bucket seat car. A lot of people would always argue with him that it was not possible to get that combo. My uncle was a big wig at GM when he ordered the car like that. He had to sell it a few years back to recoup some money that was stolen for him. We both loved that car and were very sad to see it go. It was actually listen on Craigslist a few months ago for $9500. I tried to trade him my Tahoe and cash for it, but he only wanted cash. I'd put a pic up but I don't feel like registering at a hosting website. LOL

Thank you!

Post it up! An imgur account takes like two minutes to register for, and it's a great place to store pictures in addition to posting them in different places.

imgur.com