Cam Choice for Gen VI 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you!

Post it up! An imgur account takes like two minutes to register for, and it's a great place to store pictures in addition to posting them in different places.

imgur.com

That was easy enough. These are the only pics I have on my phone, they were the pics from the listing this past December. The inside was spotless. In his 15 years of owning it, I'd bet he didn't put more than 5k miles on it. The 4 speed and 3.73s made highway driving difficult as 70 mph was around 3kish.

Edit: apparently it wasn't easy enough. LOL
You must be registered for see images

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

That was easy enough. These are the only pics I have on my phone, they were the pics from the listing this past December. The inside was spotless. In his 15 years of owning it, I'd bet he didn't put more than 5k miles on it. The 4 speed and 3.73s made highway driving difficult as 70 mph was around 3kish.

Edit: apparently it wasn't easy enough. LOL

Wow, they're total twins haha. Black vinyl top and everything. Awesome car, thanks for posting!

I know what you mean about the highway cruising. Ours has had three different rear gear sets in it. It went from a factory open diff with 2.73s to a TrueTrac with 3.73s, and that was too much. I don't think I could even run a flat out quarter mile in it with those gears. Stepped it back down to 3.08s and that seems to be a nice happy medium, no tach in the car but I'd estimate that it holds 70 MPH at around 2500 RPM now. Factory TH350 auto with a TransGo HD2 and a mild refresh.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, they're total twins haha. Black vinyl top and everything. Awesome car, thanks for posting!

I know what you mean about the highway cruising. Ours has had three different rear gear sets in it. It went from a factory open diff with 2.73s to a TrueTrac with 3.73s, and that was too much. I don't think I could even run a flat out quarter mile in it with those gears. Stepped it back down to 3.08s and that seems to be a nice happy medium, no tach in the car but I'd estimate that it holds 70 MPH at around 2500 RPM now. Factory TH350 auto with a TransGo HD2 and a mild refresh.

That sounds like a good gear for it for sure. It sure would have been nice to take his on a few trips. My dad's must have had factory limited-slip because it always roasted both tires along with always having TERRIBLE wheel hop. Unfortunately, a traction-bar style device obviously wouldn't work since it had coils in the back. I was reading somewhere that there were polyurethane bushings or something that were supposed to help with this issue, but we never got around to it. He would just never race from a dig, and that solved his problem. LOL