Cab insulation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the fatmat as well. Did the outer door skin, then did behind the inner door panel. Did the floor and up the back wall. Like others have said, it makes the stereo sound better, A/C seems cooler.

sewlow, did you notice a difference when you did the roof? That's the only place I didn't put anything yet. And was wondering if you thought roof was worth it?

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a layer of dynamat and a layer of the 1/4 foam I noticed a bit of difference in sound quality, I wanted to stop shaking my roof to with w7 ported up, it stopped the shimmy up there in sure it did help with the temp too as it would disapate the heat in the dynamat, and through the foam

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures from when you did the insulation? I went to pick a part last Sunday (and scored a Holley tbi intake manifold!) and on the way home it was 112* and with the ac on high and on rec. I was still sweating my a** off. I want to get this insulation in but I am still deciding on witch way to go on the brand/type of insulation. Have any of you tinted your driver and passenger windows? How much does that help on keeping the heat out?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I may have some pix, but it'll take me a bit to find them. The 'open-pit' filing system leaves a little to be desired! I'll try to get them up later tonight. A lot later! lol! I'm in the shop for stupid long hours in the next few days.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try to remember to snap some pics tomorrow of what I used. It was a cheapscape way to do it but I had just spent like 500 bucks on dynamat at the time... Lol so all the Kia wheels that came in for body shop had prolly 18"x18" foam liners top and bottom and after 3 years of stocking up I had a ton... Still got a fairly nice little stack under my toolbox.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The doors were done the same way.

I did cut the foam away from over top of that electrical thingie under the seat. ^^^

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sewlow Thank you for the pics. Install doesn't seem like it would be to hard. Just very time consuming, and at 3 beers an hour I guess ill be pretty druck by the time I am done. lol

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should've done a vase test first to see how many degrees it changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk