C Notch demensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im glad you shimmed in Al! We were messaging eachother about a home made rear axle flip. Since I hadn't done mine yet, I explain to him what I was going to do... Also was just about to go searching for all the info you gave me a year or so ago.... but you just gave him everything! I cant help but think you have this info written down somewhere and copy past it every time its conviente! lol But it definitely is good stuff!

jhicks, I hope you tackle it!

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in southern Louisiana. Just moved here. My home town is 6 1/2 hours away.

Back home I have a gu6 full rear axle with 35 factory miles. Im going to try to get it here and get all the work done to it so I dont have to tear down my truck for a long period. Plus ill have a mostly fresh rear end (gonna change fluids and wheel cylinders) also about to remove my bed to get it c notched. Along with some fresh layers of paint to the frame etc.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys back again, I have another question. is there any specific length of Ubolt and the Ubolt plate to get?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
3" U-bolt X ??? Can't remember exactly the length. In those pix, the U-bolt looks to be about 1.25"-1.5" below the plate. Need to know the length from the top of housing to the bottom of the spring pack, then add on 2.5" or so, to make up for the thickness of the bottom plate & the welded perch. You can always cut them if they're too long after everything's done. To be legal you can't have anything hanging below the wheel.
IIRC the springs are 2.5" wide. So, the holes in the plate would be 3" front to back X 2.5" apart side to side.
That's off the top of my head. It'll get you in the ballpark. Best to do some measuring to get the exact sizes.

NEVR2LO

Reaction score
Nice write up "sewlow" I'm doing this to my 1999 G.M.C. 2wd crew cab right now and its working out good so far. Just a little side info for you guys out there doing this also. I got new U-bolts they were 5/8" diam. and started out before the were bent 22" long. I used a 2001 G.M.C. disc brake rear end for mine and I've also added a 2" drop shackle as well.

Rob

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got new U-bolts they were 5/8" diam. and started out before the were bent 22" long.

Rob

Just trying to figure out what exactly the "before they were bent" part means rob lol.