Has anyone seen this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have any idea what the OEM front hangers would be like?
here's what stock spring mounts look like. Notice how much lower the spring is mounted on them. And, as mentioned above, they're riveted in place.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tholoth

Reaction score
The axle is still sitting under the leaf spring pack (OEM configuration) - so the most it can be reasonably lowered is about 4" using the hangers and shackles you've already noticed. Mind you I said "reasonably" because I've seen some terrible hack jobs where people torch their leaf springs to make it lower.

For it to get lower you'd need to do a flip kit so the axle sits on top of the leaf pack. This is a 6" drop and when combined with drop hangers and shackles it is too much drop, so you'd need the stock parts in place before the flip.

What's your goal with the ride height on the truck?

Richard
Well the goal with the truck is to replace my daily. That’s a Saturn L200, I already ordered a IHC 5/7 drop, I also ordered replacement stock hangers and everything else needed. I know 5/7 is low for a daily but the streets I take are relatively nice.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That job, not one I have done, is tough with the fuel tank in the way. If you’re able to drop the tank it will be much easier to replace those
That's one way. Another way, FWIU is take a cut off wheel and cut the head of the spring bolt off and slide it out. Then slide the new bolt in from the outside. But, you already have the spring mount rivets removed and bolted so, you s/b able to just drop them to remove the spring bolt.