C-notch: Which to choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had read similar things about DJM components. Ultimately I’ve decided to get Belltech for the front and piece together a kit from TinWorks, DC Fab, and Belltech for the rear.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flip kit: https://tinworksfabrication.com/product/1988-1998-c3500-flip-kit/

Notch:

And from Belltech I’ll use their alignment kit unless I decide to get the Tin Works set. It’s quite a bit more.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tin Works had a booth setup at southeast truck nationals last year, they've got some killer stuff.
That’s what I like to hear. I’m excited to get some stuff ordered here in the next few months. If I pickup a new truck this week, I’m going to put the 350 from my ‘92 into my ‘95. That will save on costs for the rebuild.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The silver hammer tone pc was junk, but it was a trade off because other than Chisholm control arms, DJM was the only other company making them at the time. The newer black pc seems to be ok.
Well now I wonder if I'm just lucky with stuff I've bought or if it cause of my climate, no salt and such

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're an 8 lug 2500? On my 6 lug C2500 I did the Belltech bolt-in notch and it wasn't enough. The 14 bolt rear sits lower in relation to the body (closer to bump stops) - making a flip kit's results lower than a comparable kit on a C1500. To get a C1500 an equal amount of drop you'd have to do shackles in addition to the flip. On the C2500 the flip + shackles had it tail-dragging. Anyway with just the flip kit, full 4+1 spring pack, the 14 bolt would occasionally smack the notch, bending it a little bit where the bump stops are.

If you're gonna continue to haul anything, which I did, I'd consider the taller notch. You have more spring in that 8 lug 2500 (should be 5+1) but why skimp on suspension travel?

Richard
I habe the what question to you I have a C1500 single cab and I did a flip kit in the back and I'm trying to figure out what sea not to do because I do eventually want to haul stuff and I don't want it bought any out and I've eventually thinking about helper bags but not sure which color bags are the best cuz air ride ones I bought they're all plastic tops and bottoms so and Preston fitting so I think those will leak and crack after cold weather so what would be the best travel for a C1500 that I want to haul in that won't be smacking the bump stops

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I habe the what question to you I have a C1500 single cab and I did a flip kit in the back and I'm trying to figure out what sea not to do because I do eventually want to haul stuff and I don't want it bought any out and I've eventually thinking about helper bags but not sure which color bags are the best cuz air ride ones I bought they're all plastic tops and bottoms so and Preston fitting so I think those will leak and crack after cold weather so what would be the best travel for a C1500 that I want to haul in that won't be smacking the bump stops
The under bed mini notch in post #1 will give you a lot of room. I have 6” of travel between the axle and the top of the notch on my C2500. 5/8 drop.