Busted bolt in u-joint yoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait for a reply.it is not busted flush. It is broke about a half inch in, right after where the threads start. I will have to see if I can get an easy out that fits. I hope I don't have to replace the yoke. I priced some on rockauto and the are well north of 100.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

A left hand rotation drill bit bit would be a good investment. The hardest part is getting the bit centered, and it may be better the remove the yoke to drill it. Also, I would call a few machine shops in the area and see what they would charge to remove it. Probably would be cheaper than a new yoke, and they won't damage the threads by drilling off center, as it is very easy to do.

BleepinJeep reminds me of Bruce off of Family Guy. Kinda feel bad for him...

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Drill bit and an easy out should do it. Center punch the bolt if you can and drill it with something around a #30, then try an easy out. If it won't budge step it up a bit.

Remember, the deeper that easy out is seated, the better chance it'll come out and not snap off in the bolt.

Sent from the Green Mile

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait for a reply.it is not busted flush. It is broke about a half inch in, right after where the threads start. I will have to see if I can get an easy out that fits. I hope I don't have to replace the yoke. I priced some on rockauto and the are well north of 100.

Do Bleepinjeeps mod, seems like the best and cheapest fix.
Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know its urban legend........ but still makes for good internet banter.
Yes it does!