Build of my ‘88 RCSB C1500 owned for 20 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Keep it coming!
What products did you use to change the interior color?
As soon as I get it on the ground with wheels I’ll roll it outside so I can get better interior pics. With tinted glass and everything murdered out inside it’s tough to get a good shot on how well it turned out.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are my simple seat rails for mounting the NBS seats. Just cut the OEM slide rails and risers off and bolt the “top” piece to the seat, bolt the “bottom” rail to the floor, then two bolts on each side attach to two rails together. I used larger diameter flange bolts/nuts for mounting the rails together, seen in pic of where I’m holding the rails, and through the floor with plates on the bottom side for reinforcement. The outside rails just bolt into the factory mounting holes.
Those seats look exactly the same design as the ones in my wife's Holden Commodore. They are very comfortable but the problem we are having is the lump on the lower edge of the back has worn right through the material from sliding across it getting in and out until it has exposed the side airbag.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those seats look exactly the same design as the ones in my wife's Holden Commodore. They are very comfortable but the problem we are having is the lump on the lower edge of the back has worn right through the material from sliding across it getting in and out until it has exposed the side airbag
Seat covers are easily replaced. These are out a 2013-14. I replaced the upper and lower passenger side in my ‘13 daily driver with airbags in the seat bolster its a piece of cake. Take the seat out and less than an hour you’re bolting it back in the car.

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This past weekend I finished up the rear suspension and got it installed. Specs for everything out back start with the stock 10 bolt housing with all new bearings and races, Moser Engineering 30 spline axles, a new Eaton TruTrac differential sporting 3:73 gears with a forged pinion yoke to accommodate the 1350 bigger u-joints for the new driveshaft. Yikes on the driveshaft $$$ I think it was $550 or so with the large 1350 u-joints, it’s been a minutes since I had one built but like everything it’s all more than I anticipated lol. Got the new Aeromotive fuel pump wired in and gas tank installed. Very nice drop in complete units for OBS trucks, they offer a 240 lbs. per hour pump as well as the 340 lbs. per hour unit that I will be using. You can use the stock fuel pump relay to trigger it like stock, and I will use the Sniper system as the trigger for the relay to command fuel. Still need to replace feed and return lines to have that system 100%. Also put in the dual exhaust crossmember I posted in the exhaust section and very pleased with it. Pretty thick wall steel and once bolted together it’s gonna work nice. Bought from eBay sell SHORTBEDSWAP for @ $150 if anybody needs a very affordable option for lowered truck with long tube headers and want ground clearance while not having 3” exhaust an inch from the floorboard.

Also made progress on finishing up deleting any and all unused wires in the engine bay. Unpinned from the ECM, it will be left to manage torque convert lockup saving the expense of a stand alone system. Only wires left are main power to distribution block, power to ignition switch, 12v hot while cranking from ignition switch to Sniper, coolant temp from head to gauge, oil pressure to gauge, oil pressure/fuel module safety, power from Sniper to fuel relay, 2 AC wires, alternator, starter (battery to starter and ignition to to starter, then the leads from Sniper EFI and Hyperspark box and distributor.

Should turn out as a clutter free engine bay with most wires hidden out of sight and properly loomed. Already cleaned up the headlight electrical in new loom and changed the turn signals to LED sockets and found new routing to keep that all out of sight. Doing away with the tired plastic overflow and windshield washer tanks with black aluminum aftermarket race car looking pieces to give a nice finished look. Anywhooo… that’s what we been up to in Missouri the last few days. Feel free to share any suggestions, comments and rude remarks as ya see fit lol. Until next time folks…

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the part # for that fuel pump ?

Looks Great So Far !!!!!
Thanks! It’s been sitting for too long it feels good to have the time to get it back together.

I have another pump same PN still new in box that I would sell for $300 + shipping or local pickup in St. Louis area. Made the mistake of not marking it off my list when I was buying all these parts a couple years ago. Been to long to return so a deal for someone now.

Attachments

• 907201AF-7D21-48E7-B6CF-CDB0DAC40905.jpeg
    907201AF-7D21-48E7-B6CF-CDB0DAC40905.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 12

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s all the lift and duration the 195cc intake runners can handle. Anything larger gotta move up to a 200+ intake runner, because math and stuff….