Broken shock bolts... how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nailed it! I checked back in and your post is exactly what I’m doing :D

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Happen to me. 3 out of 4 sheared, (did not have a torch) I just drilled them out. Replaced with SS bolts, nuts and lock washers. No F-ing around next time.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve ordered new upper and lower control arms with bushings and ball joints installed, all steering components, all 4 shocks, and new front brake pads.

Are there any torque specs to follow for assembling the front suspension and steering or do I just tighten enough so nothing falls apart?

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve ordered new upper and lower control arms with bushings and ball joints installed, all steering components, all 4 shocks, and new front brake pads.

Are there any torque specs to follow for assembling the front suspension and steering or do I just tighten enough so nothing falls apart?
I've always used oil field torque specs. Tight is tight and too tight is Twisted off.

Also I really like your username.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Castle nuts get tightened enough to line up with the cotter pin.
CV shaft @ wheel bearing: 177lb/ft

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds good on the torque specs... I’ll go til it snaps off then back it off half turn, should be perfect! :anitoof:

Thanks on the username, I wanted something easy to remember and I doubt I’ll ever forget that number :D