Bought my first truck, help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hey, I dig the W/T front with sealed beams. I LOVE seeing well cared for ones, they are rare. A lifted W/T with new paint but still with the W/T grill and headlights is awesome IMO.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The problem with the composite headlights is that the stock ones suck a** so if you are going to do the conversion do yourself a favor and go with aftermarket housings. Or you could just get H4 conversion lenses for the W/T front end and have the same result with less work.

Heres what can be done with the W/T front end: H4 housings with 6000KV Hid kit installed..

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not all SL, had W/T grill, my dad's 1995 has the "good" grill.

Would you by any chance know what makes the composite dual headlights better than the W/T version? It's weird because it seems like MOST 1994 GMC Sierras are dual headlights, every website edmunds, google images, etc. show the dual headlights. So i would have to guess that it was the standard or base? Or if the W/T model was the "lower" model, shouldn't we be seeing more of that? So weird how all the official car websites show the other one.

The problem with the composite headlights is that the stock ones suck a** so if you are going to do the conversion do yourself a favor and go with aftermarket housings. Or you could just get H4 conversion lenses for the W/T front end and have the same result with less work.

Heres what can be done with the W/T front end: H4 housings with 6000KV Hid kit installed..

Oh that's nice. The headlights right now are really crappy, would be great to have HIDs. Just curious what does "h4" housing mean? I found a few here :
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/i...version_kit_by_ipcw/1104000117_IPCW3143.aspx#
and the square ones all look the same why do they differ in price?

HID kits look like they're super cheap now? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...1313&_nkw=hid+kit+1994+GMC+C2500&_sacat=33710

I remember when they used to be a few hundred bucks. Should that combo work? Is there a reason why I need the H4 housing instead of the stock housing? Thanks

EDIT: Oh i just learned what "Sealed beam headlights" are. They're like one unit, no replaceable bulb. So it's not wonder this is the "lower" model. Definitely would like the H4 housing +HID.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This would be the sort of kit you want to replicate what i have. You want to avoid going over 6000Kv if you dont want a bluish light pattern

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-7-8-X-5-5...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e705c2cc8

Otherwise talk to MOBs or Myself on here. Mobs owns Hyper LEDs and i am his canadian vendor. We just recently updated pricing on HID kits as well.

Oh cool thanks. Is there a reason not to go over 6000k other than to avoid bluish tint? I kind of like that blue purple look but only if it doesn't mess with functionality or visibility.

Is there a website I can go to for Hyper LEDs?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
6000KV seems to be the peak as to where the lights put out best performance, anything over it and it starts going down in performance. 7-8000KV are ok...but anything more and its just pure blue and starts to draw cops like moths to a flame.