Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wonder how they compare with the sets I got off rubbertherightway.com. still have not installed them until after suspension and frame coating.

Those guys want too much for shipping.... $20 on top of the $45 price tag. There's no way it costs that much to ship a couple pieces of rubber.

Edit: Looking at OEM online, it looks like this rubbertherightway kit is still cheaper with the shipping.... that's just a lot for rubber to me, Though. When I looked for rubber to make my own, I couldn't find anything cheap either. I guess rubber is just expensive?

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I bet they're more reasonably priced too. Wish I had been active here before I started unloading on parts right away. Excited to see then installed.

Are you planning to lift this thing?

No, I would like to go to a 31" tire though. I can barely get the camper in the hangar as it is.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A little extra ground clearance would help me with departure angles with the 4 foot ass on the camper.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Depends on where you're crawling around.

You'd be kicking yourself for going up any further around here. Just too much tree cover.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on where you're crawling around.

You'd be kicking yourself for going up any further around here. Just too much tree cover.

Yeah I ran into that too. The camper is fvckin huge. Kinda makes me want to grab a smaller one too, or a side by side or something.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
New meats! I did rip off a nice burnout on the way to the tire shop, left 4 good blackies leaving an intersection.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got some for the race car and one for the trailer too.

Cuz apparently I blew one last Friday on the way home from the track. Was pulling with the 1500, never heard a thing.

Oops. Can't believe the fender survived. Gotta bang out an alignment, oil change, and install this silicone port thingy I bought to route my 3/4" breather into the intake elbow so it stops stinking. Suddenly there's a shred of a chance I may be able to race in OK next weekend. Oh yeah, gotta dewinterize the camper too. In addition to work which has ramped back up big-time while I'm in the middle of redoing my deck. Race car needs a few odds and ends too to shore it up. Tech inspection tomorrow.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ever since I put the blower on, I've been leaning on the knock sensors to clean things up. Today was round 2 to pull some timing out of the top end of the map and it went well. I got about halfway to zero knock retard then stopped to decide how to chop out the rest. I checked my friend's CTSV IAT timing maps to see how GM deemed fit to pull timing based on IATs. Seems up to about 190F pulling 5 degrees is pretty standard, so I'll trim my main map accordingly and reflash. I'm doing this with a loaded trailer to tune for worst case. I think I'll ramp in the 5 degrees more slowly when the weather cools, but for now I'm looking to get it to where it can tow to a lower elevation and back without any drama. Also, my ghetto ass breather hose is proving itself as a concept, so I intend to route that to the intake to shore it up. Should even help pull more from there. The breather cap is an excellent location free from the turbulence of the valve train. I noticed my dad's GenV 454 in his Monte has a breather on the driver's valve cover. Gonna have to get me one for this thing to vent that side as well. It is still leaking out the rear main, but nowhere near like before and I never saw any oil smoke out the exhaust like before. Usually when I zing out 2nd gear, by the time I'm at/over 4000 ROM it's just puking white smoke from the oil pooling into the intake. The extra breather has alleviated that, but there's still more blowby that needs let out so I don't have to pay for a full rebuild because I'm a cheapass.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did take a pic, but it ended up a shot of my leg somehow. The right rear outer was a fresh spare, but the inner was a hammered POS. Unsurprisingly the right outer left a much darker imprint than the inner. I'll be returning the trailer soon, so can more confidently return to the scene of the attack then.