Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manifolds did dull once they got some heat and that spare time cleaned up great. Next I turned my attention to the interior. Carpet was nasty.

You must be registered for see images attach

Seats weren't much better.

I wish I could have gotten to this sooner, it's been this way since I bought it back in 2016! And there's plenty more I didn't get pics of.

Might be able to get someone to ride with you now.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I had the whole fam damily in there last year. FWIW I did feel a little bad about it. Only reason I was able to get to it now is this covid19 ****.

Silver lining right there. I am trying not to complain as for most people the time off is not elective, but I have yet to have any additional time off yet and the plus sized grandpa could use some serious extra time from me right now.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang I thought you had a tan interior until that pic of the seat.

I need to get ahold of a steam cleaner of some sort. I think my carpet may have yours beat. At least under the seats/console.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Crazy how nasty it gets under the back seats, isn't it? My interior is tan btw. I thought the passenger seat was the correct color before. Driver's was obviously the dirtier of the 2.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new fender liners a couple days ago, thanks to @Cokeman95.

They're a good bit beefier than stock. I intend to slap those on tomorrow, change my pitman arm, and purge the PS system tomorrow. Then I'll see what the terms and conditions are around here for getting an alignment before my tax return shows up and I can get some tires on this pig.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well it took longer than usual as usual, but I got the box cleaned up. At first I thought it was painted, but as I cleaned it I came to realize it was simply covered from head to toe with grime.

As you can see, I added some preload and 90 degrees to the over center adjustment. After screwing with it in my 1500, I prefer to set the bearing preload by feel. I got the PS system purged, pumped 3 clean quarts through then refilled with the 4th.

System was working, but growling so it's sitting overnight to allow all the air bubbles to float to the top and pop. We'll see where I am tomorrow for servicing and steering feel. I also intend to give the shop a ring and see if I can't get an alignment.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new fender liners a couple days ago, thanks to @Cokeman95.

They're a good bit beefier than stock. I intend to slap those on tomorrow, change my pitman arm, and purge the PS system tomorrow. Then I'll see what the terms and conditions are around here for getting an alignment before my tax return shows up and I can get some tires on this pig.
Glad you like them!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Wonder how they compare with the sets I got off rubbertherightway.com. still have not installed them until after suspension and frame coating.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wonder how they compare with the sets I got off rubbertherightway.com. still have not installed them until after suspension and frame coating.

I don't know but they're twice as thick as the stock tar paper ones.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I bet they're more reasonably priced too. Wish I had been active here before I started unloading on parts right away. Excited to see then installed.

Are you planning to lift this thing?