Body swapping..2000 C2500 on 93 K3500 frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance Hohimer

Banned
Reaction score
So, I posted a thread about the nasty mouse poop issues in a 93 k3500 I just bought. I also have a 2000 C2500. I have been constipating doing a full body/powertrain swap. 2000 body,electronics and engine to the 93 K3500 frame. The 93 has an NV4500, the 2000 is 4L80E(2wd) So my question is, is this possible? The 93 has no paperwork and the interior was nasty AF with mouse poop/piss. I know I am going to need the fuel lines and all the wiring from the 2000 for the Vortec. But what about the fuel tank?
Also I eventually want to do a SAS. Now another question. The 93 has an external slave on the bellhousing, can I use that still, or do I need the BH for a 2000 with an internal slave? I know the MC's are also different as well as the pedals. So I am needing a clutch pedal/bracket assembly.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yes, you would need the fuel tank and pump, too.

I'm not sure I understand the motivation to swap though. I'm not sure what kind of problems you'd have regeisting it in CA, since they do inspections there, and the 2000 will suddenly be 4wd and look stock. Also the PCM will need to be changed/re-programed to go from 2wd auto to 4wd manual, I'd think.

Is there a way to get paperwork legally? Can't you just rebuild/clean the 93 interior?

It seems like a lot of work for little benefit, to me.

Lance Hohimer

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to get paperwork. A transfer was started out of state and all paperwork lost and truck was abandoned. I may just part it out. I think the NV4500 and transfer case will recoup my money.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck had a nasty meth-esque interior when I bought it. I threw away the seats and carpet, scrubbed and painted all the plastic, and scrubbed all the surfaces I could reach. I bought a junkyard carpet and scrubbed it clean at the car wash before painting it. I bought some leather seats from a mouse and hanta-virus infected Cadillac, scrubbed them with leather cleaner, and built mounts for them. Although still unfinished, it's quite pleasant. It's far less work than a chassis swap, but if you need busy work knock yourself out.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20191224_142321.resized.jpg
    20191224_142321.resized.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 2