2000 c2500 5.7 OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello GMT 400, am new to the site but am excited to be a part of the OBS forum
Here is my 2000 Chevy c2500 with the old body style. Got a 5.7 vortec with 158,*** miles and has plenty of life left. Drives and handles great, purchased from an older gentlemen about six months ago and had been cared for with all of the fluids changed when they were due. The maintenance that had been done to it so far is; brakes redone by a local shop, all hoses have been replaced, new starter, thermometer, throttle position sensor, fuel pump, belt tensioner, battery. Some more recent upgrades are new headlight housings and LED taillights, today I got the stock muffler deleted and a nice chrome tip now she sounds great, nice deep rumble nothing loud. Eventually am going to get true duals with flowmasters but am short on money at the moment. Overall a great truck and great daily driver. I plan on future mods soon and will post on the progress

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpeg
    IMG_3084.jpeg
    565.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3083.jpeg
    IMG_3083.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 10

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, was wanting to know if anyone has put a cowl hood on their truck and painted it themselves, if so what would be needed and where could I get it from? I did some research and found a build off of Street Trucks and I am considering getting paint from Automotive Touchup and purchasing an airbrush kit. I don't have any experience painting vehicles and want to know yalls opinion if I should do it or not. I want a 2" cowl hood OEM colored Pewter Metallic, only thing I am nervous about is if it would look different than the OEM paint on the rest of the body as it is 23 years old. Thanks

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got an update on the build. Was originally wanting to spray paint the original hubcaps as they had discolored and melted over time. Spent about 2 and a half hours trying to clean up one and realized it wasn’t really working so I just ordered some new ones off of Amazon and I think they look pretty sharp matching the chrome look I want.
( I also plan on refinishing the stock rims and painting them a chrome or silver color bc I don’t have the money for some nicer ones at the moment )
You must be registered for see images attach

Here’s the new and under is the original

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m kind of interested in swapping the dash out with a pre 95 one, I like the look of it and was wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with it or if anyone’s looking to trade. My dash is in pretty good condition not perfect but I can upload pics if interested