Body/cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know how many mounts are on the ext cab models vs. the regular? I'm pining to do this soon as well.
According to energy suspension, there should be 6 for the cab + 2 rad mounts. If I understand the installation instructions correctly

Attachments

• 17037.pdf
    80.7 KB · Views: 29

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Body mount bolts= 11516868 and they are roughly $4/ea for OEM ones. You can go to a hardware store, McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc, and tell them you need the strongest M12x1.75x110 bolts they offer, they should be cheaper than $4/ea.
Problem is the threaded portion of non-GM grade 8 bolts is much less than GM body bolt. One may run out of threads before torque value(s) are reached.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has the demensions of the uppers for a rcsb. I have material available to make some if if i knew. I've had the bolts out when detailing the chassis, so they are ok and so are the lowers.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final 2 pieces arrived(15567810) from Brazil. Almost impossible to source these in US, unless your MrPink. All parts are GM Genuine except for the front 2 Dorman mounts that are still produced. If anyone is interested, I have an aftermarket “rubber” kit(4 mounts) for a Regular Cab I’m selling. PM if interested.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GM 15567810 rear cab mounts are the hardest to find. Yes, I sourced them from Brazil, but they were still manufactured in Canada as all OEM cab mounts were.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. They came in the kit.

No problems at all to do the core support bushings. But my bumper is extended out about 6 inches.

Keep the body mount bolts wet with penetrating oil for a few days before you change the bushings.
If the captured nuts in the cab break loose from their cage you will wish that you were never born.

Expect the bolts to need to be replaced as well.
I’m about to tackle this job on my 2 Door Tahoe.

Out of curiosity, what the hell do I do if the nut breaks loose?

Last edited:

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like the frame mounts have rusted through. The mounts mag get old and saggy but the movement you describe sounds like rotten mounts.