BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4-ways hadn't worked since I bought the truck; everything worked fine until I attempted to fix the janky ass trailer wiring, but it's so strange that I still have brake and running lights.
Signals are on their own fuse/circuit seperate from the marker and brake lights. They are #16 in the Dr side dash fuse panel.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
C
Checked that; not blown. Checked the relay, and I checked again and I guess I never had brake lights. So idk what's going on,
Double check the grounds on the taillight harness and the 7-way. For whatever reason I lost rear signal lights and brake lights when i missed reconnecting the small ground at DS frame, despite being tied into the ground for the 7-way plug at the rear crossmember.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C

Double check the grounds on the taillight harness and the 7-way. For whatever reason I lost rear signal lights and brake lights when i missed reconnecting the small ground at DS frame, despite being tied into the ground for the 7-way plug at the rear crossmember.
I don't have any sort of 7-way splice or anything on there now, I think there's a small white ground that looked like it was damaged, but wouldn't a damaged ground result in no taillights?
Could also be the damn circuit boards, I'll probably tear the lights apart tomorrow and check the boards out.

Attachments

• PXL_20230216_221001892.jpg
    PXL_20230216_221001892.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 18

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That rear axle sure looks skinny back there
PY0s on 265s yo, I absolutely hate how far the rears are sucked in on stickers. One thing I keep going back and forth on is finding another set of Eagle Alloys or a set of American Racing Outlaw bullet holes for this truck, or keeping the PY0s and wrapping them in 285s. At some point both trucks are going to get 1.75 wheel spacers to help with stability and looks, but damn, Fred Goeske wheel spacers are $400 a set!
Do I spy a Wilson Combat sticker?
No sir, even better. It's a Waylon Jennings sticker!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any sort of 7-way splice or anything on there now, I think there's a small white ground that looked like it was damaged, but wouldn't a damaged ground result in no taillights?
I retained the high mount stop lamp but lost the corners completely.
One thing I keep going back and forth on is finding another set of Eagle Alloys
Ive still got the set on my burb that are going to come off and go away as soon as i get around to swapping them for the pyos in the shed. Hopefully soon that will happen and maybe we can work something out.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I retained the high mount stop lamp but lost the corners completely.

Ive still got the set on my burb that are going to come off and go away as soon as i get around to swapping them for the pyos in the shed. Hopefully soon that will happen and maybe we can work something out.
Maybe, I'm eyeing a set of American Outlaws on marketplace now. I'm kicking myself for selling the ones I had on my red truck when I first bought it, they got passed around between my brother and a couple friends but ultimately wound up on my brother's Duramax he sold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-131812.png
    Screenshot_20220918-131812.png
    917.5 KB · Views: 11