BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nabbed a set of tow mirrors on Friday for the crew as well; got em for $20 but the old boy who had them nailed a mailbox so I'm pretty sure the right mirror is trashed since it looks like the pivot base is broken. I need to pull it apart and see; but if it is trash I'll probably pick up another ebay special and rewire them like the Boost Auto ones on my 96.

Attachments

• PXL_20230205_213506635.jpg
    PXL_20230205_213506635.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230205_213527756.jpg
    PXL_20230205_213527756.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230205_213538541.jpg
    PXL_20230205_213538541.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 6

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nabbed a set of tow mirrors on Friday for the crew as well; got em for $20 but the old boy who had them nailed a mailbox so I'm pretty sure the right mirror is trashed since it looks like the pivot base is broken. I need to pull it apart and see; but if it is trash I'll probably pick up another ebay special and rewire them like the Boost Auto ones on my 96.
I like it! I ditched the frickin ugly "West Coast" mirrors and put on some basic Amazon cheapos that I had and they're great.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it! I ditched the frickin ugly "West Coast" mirrors and put on some basic Amazon cheapos that I had and they're great.
I was super hesitant about these K2XXs style mirrors when they first came out, they looked like the Ford mirrors and I still loved the GMT800 style tows, but when I started seeing them on OBS Chevys and saw first hand how much nicer they are than the 800 style I was sold, if it has to get full size tow mirrors and I own it, it's getting K2XX mirrors!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fun! Now you gotta crack the fuel lines and purge them.

Good thing you've got that new starter
I'm hoping it won't be too bad, I can purge the system through the fuel filter housing since it's got a bleeder on the top. I'm sure my buddy probably knows some trick I don't fit bleeding the fuel system entirely.

I'm more concerned with how deep this job may wind up being and it resulting in bleeding the fuel system being the least of my worries

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the truck back, no turn signals now and I noticed it when I dropped the truck off, so now I'm balls deep in the harness trying to figure out what's wrong. Next step is checking the multifunction switch! Good news is at least the truck runs great now!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back, no turn signals now and I noticed it when I dropped the truck off, so now I'm balls deep in the harness trying to figure out what's wrong. Next step is checking the multifunction switch! Good news is at least the truck runs great now!
My signals are constantly blowing fuses too. I thought it was the old corroded trailer connector or the tail light boards but I it took it off put in the new lights an still doing the same. I'm thinking the switch as well now since the hazards no longer work either. That all used to work just fine an it started all the sudden, then I noticed the hazzards not working the other day when I swapped the new tails in. If it isn't that switch then I guess I'll start tracing down wiring myself...

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call on the top post battery. I am going to go that route with my Sierra.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Slow progress is progress still. I think that's going to be the saying with this truck.

Little update, last weekend my buddies were dinking around with it and got it to crank over! I finally got a key guy called so I should have a set of keys Monday! I also ordered a new PMD, a PMD extension cable, and a knockoff SSDiesel FSD Heat Sync. So hopefully by next Saturday it'll be running and driving barring some tragic issue.

Got sick of tripping over my old Chevy grill so I ran out to my buddies' shop and swapped out the old busted one for this less busted one.
Old junque
You must be registered for see images attach

New garbage
You must be registered for see images attach

I forgot how nice the gold bowtie looks, but the black one just looks so much better imo, breaks up the chrome.
And don't worry about the old busted one; tt's going to live out the rest of its days as a piece of wall-art in my friend's mancave
Wow, your old grille looks way better than the one on my 1990 ... that would be a major upgrade for my truck.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My signals are constantly blowing fuses too. I thought it was the old corroded trailer connector or the tail light boards but I it took it off put in the new lights an still doing the same. I'm thinking the switch as well now since the hazards no longer work either. That all used to work just fine an it started all the sudden, then I noticed the hazzards not working the other day when I swapped the new tails in. If it isn't that switch then I guess I'll start tracing down wiring myself...
The 4-ways hadn't worked since I bought the truck; everything worked fine until I attempted to fix the janky ass trailer wiring, but it's so strange that I still have brake and running lights.
Good call on the top post battery. I am going to go that route with my Sierra.
I honestly like these a lot more than I thought I would! I like my side post set up, but it's hard to beat the reliability of the top post connections when they're done right!
Wow, your old grille looks way better than the one on my 1990 ... that would be a major upgrade for my truck.
Don't let looks fool you, it was beat. I got lucky finding that grill, it's in good condition with only one little crack in it. I'd love to find a GMC grill but I had the Chevy one for years, so I figured why not replace the busted one.