Best Cab Patch Panels Currently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OO96K2500EC

Reaction score
Are all the current cab patch panels from the same manufacturer?My 96 extended cab no third door is in need of them.
Im looking at the two full patches for the extended cab bottoms on ebay right now,for under 100$ shipped.
Or are there a better one at another vendor?
Anyone go thru this?

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's basically two factories that make this stuff. One in Taiwan, one in China. The Taiwanese panels are what you want. These are sold under brand names like Goodmark, KeyParts, AMD, Sherman, etc. The Chinese panels are what you'll find for too-cheap prices on Amazon, eBay, and places like CertiFit.

A good source for rust repair stuff is a company local to me, Brown's of Two Rivers. They sell all the better quality panels. Everything I have is from them.

www.cooltruckparts.com

OO96K2500EC

Reaction score
There's basically two factories that make this stuff. One in Taiwan, one in China. The Taiwanese panels are what you want. These are sold under brand names like Goodmark, KeyParts, AMD, Sherman, etc. The Chinese panels are what you'll find for too-cheap prices on Amazon, eBay, and places like CertiFit.

A good source for rust repair stuff is a company local to me, Brown's of Two Rivers. They sell all the better quality panels. Everything I have is from them.

www.cooltruckparts.com
Thanks man.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

www.cooltruckparts.com
Agree Browns sells thicker better panels. Also bought my tonneu covers from them.

OO96K2500EC

Reaction score
Im not finding any listings on Goodmarks site or AMDs for my truck.
Found cab patches on Keystones website,but they linked me to the ebay ads Im watching for it.
And,keystone doesnt list door skin patches,which I need also,so,Im guessing its just the one shop for these particular pieces?
I just need the middle bottoms anyway,so I think I'll just order them from ebay.
Thanks guys.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not sure what is meant by “ full patches for the extended cab bottoms” but for the reasons stated about poor fit and thin metal on the aftermarket patches I elected to fab floor pan patches myself from 16ga. Lap jointed and plug welded with seam sealer top and bottom, it won’t pass for “like factory” but is sturdy and far better than the Flintstone Flyer it was.

Will probably do the same for an outer rocker patch but with 18ga. Even more complex shapes like cab corners can be fabricated when broken into smaller sections.

Attachments

• 571416B3-50B1-438D-9D19-20B8E1791876.jpeg
    571416B3-50B1-438D-9D19-20B8E1791876.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 894F5A69-671C-402E-BE7A-ABE3E0BDC1CD.jpeg
    894F5A69-671C-402E-BE7A-ABE3E0BDC1CD.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 15

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ah! Definitely a bit trickier to fold those up in a bench vise lol! If you are anywhere near Dayton Ohio, these are good guys to deal with. Not sure what brands they carry for OBS.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a buddy with a wrecked cab and was able to cut patch pieces out of it. This works well if you need sheet metal from places that aren't normally damaged, and you can usually get the patch panels for beer.