Best subs for dual 12" under rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I said earlier in the thread I'm pretty good at woodwork. However... fiberglass isn't my specialty, it's not hard to use but still not good at it

GMC-Borg

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a soundsystem in my 1994 GMC K1500 extended cab truck about 2 years ago and also wanted a subwoofer under rear seat. The perfect fit was a Kenwood Excelon ( https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113PXW804B/Kenwood-Excelon-P-XW804B.html?omnews=9698432 ). I installed a Kicker subwoofer mono 300W amp next to it. ( https://www.crutchfield.com/S-EdVtFEnRH6w/p_206CXA3001/Kicker-43CXA300-1.html ). I also bought the kKicker remote base volume control unit and mounted it below the dash ( https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646CXART/Kicker-46CXARCT.html?omnews=9698432 ).
Besides these items I added another amp under drivers seat, replaced existing 4 speakers and added 4 additional speakers (2 in front and 2 more in rear) with a Pioneer double din receiver. You can buy a dash conversion kit that allows for a double din receiver so I pulled out the old cassette and equalizer which was a single din unit. I also removed the small control module and they sell a plastic insert for misc storage in its place. The sound is killer and perfect for the cab sound chamber. However I did put dynamat everywhere, pulled the panels in rear, door panels and floor when I changed the carpet so zero vibrations when I crank up the base.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier in the thread I'm pretty good at woodwork. However... fiberglass isn't my specialty, it's not hard to use but still not good at it
Aright then...... wood it is. So any kind "angle" to help the air flow inside the box will benefit the output and efficiency of the enclosure. Here is a four (4) 6.5" box I built for a newer Chevy truck about 5 years ago. You an see the bracing, the angles, and the double buffeled face.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aright everyone, sorry for the delay. Work has gotten a little more chaotic, who knew, and it will be a couple days till i get the measurements for the box. I've just been getting home around 10pm and since the day starts around 8, it makes for a long one.
Now, if anyone has taken their measurements for a box they are building and need help figuring air space or port dimensions, feel free to post a drawing of what you are trying to do and we will get it figured out!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOOF WOOF!

I just did a quick search on that "thing"....holy smokes!!!!! That things a BEAST!!!!
Triple 0g power inputs...Jebus!!!
Buddy back in the day had a Pheonix Gold "cheater amp" that did something like 1500w driving 2-15" in a S10 xcab. He went through a bunch of windshields!!!

What are your plans with that "thing" lol

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a quick search on that "thing"....holy smokes!!!!! That things a BEAST!!!!
Triple 0g power inputs...Jebus!!!
Buddy back in the day had a Pheonix Gold "cheater amp" that did something like 1500w driving 2-15" in a S10 xcab. He went through a bunch of windshields!!!

What are your plans with that "thing" lol
Two (2) of those beasts with six (6) DC Audio Level 6 15" in a flat wall in a 2012 Ford Excursion...... three (3) Marc Singer 400 amp alternators and 572ah of lithium battery.......