BBK Exhaust Header

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTrUS

Reaction score
First time posting. I have been lurking and searching for info on my 1997 C2500 2wd ECSB 5.7 Vortec. Thanks to everyone who post and gives end results on the outcome. That being said. I'm wanting to replace my current exhaust system. I have true duels with 14 year old 40 series Flowmasters and oem clogged cats. Truck has upgraded fuel injection, fuel pump, filter, dizzy, crank sensor, plugs, wires, maf, coil, icm, purg, tps, etc all with in the last 8 months. Going to do some head work, cam and tune package soon. New exhaust will be 2.5" with magnaflow high flow cats, 2 magnaflow magnapack type mufflers dumped somewhere underneath. It's not a daily driver so mpg isn't a concern. I don't have emissions to worry about but I want to leave emissions fully intact for now.

I have been searching for exhaust headers. First it was long tube. Seems like there are fitment issues and few options for the Vortec. I'm past that option now. Shorty headers is what I'm going with. I wasted money building on this truck already so another $700 won't follow me to the grave, oh well. My question after all that is. Does anyone run the BBK shorty headers for the Vortec engine? I have searched for reviews, not much out there.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The JBA headers have positive feedback from the members here that run them.

I didn't know BBK made exhaust parts. I've only heard of their throttle bodies.
They’re kinda funky looking. Imagine trying to build equal length runners in a shorty header.

LTrUS

Reaction score
JBA was my first option with the egr. I started down the rabbit hole and seen it has 1 1/2" primary vs 1 5/8"? We are only talking 1/8" difference. With more cam lift then stock will it really matter. I don't know so I look for info.

LTrUS

Reaction score
The JBA headers have positive feedback from the members here that run them.

They’re kinda funky looking. Imagine trying to build equal length runners in a shorty header.
I could get past looks if they perform somewhat better then others. They claim it's a tuned header.