Are there exhaust kits or Y pipe for mid-length headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently purchased this truck (89 K1500 RCSB) and my first major undertaking will have to be the exhaust system. PO installed stainless mod-length hearers that I believe are these:
https://nintestore.com/products/ss-...eE9Bg03tFNjyi-sTSdgsrS-QMA0X12XYaAkf7EALw_wcB
and proceeded to hack together a nightmare of an a exhaust behind the headers. Driver side has a flex pipe connected to a hacked off Y pipe, passenger side has the Y pipe shoved in to it and the Y pipe is shoved in to the back section. There is no cat. Non of the hangers actually hook up as the whole back section is too far back. I am seriously surprised the whole thing hasn't fallen off yet. Anyway...

Is there an exhaust kit, true dual or y pipe in to 3" that I can buy that will directly bolt up to mid-length headers? Or am I stuck with either going custom or replacing headers?

Last edited:

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t believe there is. My Yukon had Borla’s that look to be the same type as what you have. It looked like the shortened the stock pipes n welded on collectors.....

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flowtech 11504YFLT is designed to fit Flowtech's version of those headers. Although the reviews mostly say that it doesn't even fit their's correctly. Might be a place to start if you don't want to go full custom.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flowtech 11504YFLT is designed to fit Flowtech's version of those headers. Although the reviews mostly say that it doesn't even fit their's correctly. Might be a place to start if you don't want to go full custom.
Oooh, that looks promising. I found one on Ebay for $89 shipped so will give it a go.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Y pipe got delivered last night. Didn't realize the eBay listing was from the Holley/MSD store (less than half the price from their regular site and free shipping). Kit came with all hardware and flange gaskets. Do I need to have any sealer for the gaskets, or do they go on dry? I've never done this before.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flowtech Y fit perfect. @arrg, Thank you.

Hardest part of the job was getting the old Y pipe out of the back section. I fought it for an hour but it would not budge. I didn't want to cut it but had no choice. It's almost done, I just need to join the new Y to the rest of the system.