What is a good replacement for stock manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danmoreland

Reaction score
I have a 89' C1500 have to replace the 350 that's currently in it do to a crack in the back of the block I found while I was about to change the clutch. Ordered a stock crate from JEGS and while I'm there should probably go ahead and do something with the headers. Don't really want to mess with the full exhaust right now because I have a lot more to do with the build at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions for a header that bolts to the stock exhaust? Would any shorty work? Can a mid Length bolt to stock exhaust?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a header that bolts to the stock exhaust?
These will bolt up directly to your stock exhaust (made by Pace Setter). If you have A.I.R. use G9015 ones. These are painted so, you may want to strip and hit them with some VHT paint before installing.

Danmoreland

Reaction score
These will bolt up directly to your stock exhaust (made by Pace Setter). If you have A.I.R. use G9015 ones. These are painted so, you may want to strip and hit them with some VHT paint before installing.

Thanks for the help. Any good tips for removing the shipping paint?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any good tips for removing the shipping paint?
Paint remover or burn it off. Since I live in a somewhat arid climate ;) , I just installed them and ran it.

Here's my G9015 ones after a couple/three years.

You must be registered for see images attach

A hint;
Don't use the gaskets supplied with the headers, go with better quality ones. I wound up with Mr Gasket copper gaskets, and Header Studs, with red Loctite on my aluminum heads. Haven't had to touch them for over a year now IIRC, just check torque on the nuts occasionally. YMMV

Danmoreland

Reaction score
Paint remover or burn it off. Since I live in a somewhat arid climate ;) , I just installed them and ran it.

Here's my G9015 ones after a couple/three years.

You must be registered for see images attach

A hint;
Don't use the gaskets supplied with the headers, go with better quality ones. I wound up with Mr Gasket copper gaskets, and Header Studs, with red Loctite on my aluminum heads. Haven't had to touch them for over a year now IIRC, just check torque on the nuts occasionally. YMMV
Sweet, I'll get them on order, now just to wait for the engine.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a hundred bucks on Ebay, you can get stainless shorty headers. No need to burn off the paint, no expectation of rust or rot in 3 years. And I live in New Yuck where I plow, tow, and the road salt is plain terrible. My first set look great after 14 years. My second truck got a set just this February.
Dont buy the cheap-o's. Get stainless or chrome ones right from the start.

Edit:

I have a spare set, new in the box. Want them? $75

Last edited: