Are there exhaust kits or Y pipe for mid-length headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently purchased this truck (89 K1500 RCSB) and my first major undertaking will have to be the exhaust system. PO installed stainless mod-length hearers that I believe are these:
https://nintestore.com/products/ss-...eE9Bg03tFNjyi-sTSdgsrS-QMA0X12XYaAkf7EALw_wcB
and proceeded to hack together a nightmare of an a exhaust behind the headers. Driver side has a flex pipe connected to a hacked off Y pipe, passenger side has the Y pipe shoved in to it and the Y pipe is shoved in to the back section. There is no cat. Non of the hangers actually hook up as the whole back section is too far back. I am seriously surprised the whole thing hasn't fallen off yet. Anyway...

Is there an exhaust kit, true dual or y pipe in to 3" that I can buy that will directly bolt up to mid-length headers? Or am I stuck with either going custom or replacing headers?
I have a 93 c1500 with a axle dump exhaust that is before the rear I’m hoping to make it a true dual with new headers

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 c1500 with a axle dump exhaust that is before the rear I’m hoping to make it a true dual with new headers
I would not do true duals unless you incorperate a H-pipe or X-pipe into the system. Both my G20 van and my Hemi Ram were noticeably quicker with a X-pipe. 2-3 tenths quicker in the 1/8 mile. That is 2-3 car lengths in a highway merging scenario.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not do true duals unless you incorperate a H-pipe or X-pipe into the system. Both my G20 van and my Hemi Ram were noticeably quicker with a X-pipe. 2-3 tenths quicker in the 1/8 mile. That is 2-3 car lengths in a highway merging scenario.
X pipe it is then