Are there any old style mirrors with power control?

Discussion in 'Paint / Body / Detailing' started by Fireball5657, May 3, 2021.

1. Fireball5657

Fireball5657 OBS Enthusiast

Hey all, I'm going to add power mirrors to my 94 Sierra soon, for now I have manual versions of the 95+ mirrors, and while I like them, they're much smaller than my older "dumbo" mirrors and I'd like to go back. Now from the factory, none of the dumbo mirrors were power operated, but I was wondering if anyone has made them aftermarket? I'd like to keep the truck as original looking as possible. Thanks for any help!

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  2. 618 Syndicate

618 Syndicate About Dat Fodo Life...

The glass would have to be separate from the housing and they're not made that way. It would have to be a full custom job with the guts of a different type of mirror I'd imagine.

3. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS Specializes in Accessories 101

I thought @88GMCtruck had a pair of aftermarket "powered" version of the dumbo mirrors quite a few years ago, but they were a chromed plastic. They are long gone now, unfortunately. Though this would be sweet if they still made powered versions of these mirrors. IIRC, Dodge did that on their 94-97 Ram's, maybe there is a way to modify them to fit these trucks? They look fairly similar.

4. Fireball5657

Fireball5657 OBS Enthusiast

I've seen those Dodge mirrors, I'll look into it, I've got a buddy with a 99 Ram Sport that has an extra pair of mirrors laying around, maybe they'll fit...