Trail Ridge power tow mirror question:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to put power-adjustable tow mirrors on my truck. Unless one of you steers me in a better direction my plan is to put the Trail Ridge mirrors on it.

Now for the question: My truck currently has manual-adjustment mirrors. I’m still sourcing all of the correct wiring plugs to make a harness to convert to power-adjustable mirrors. Is there any harm in putting the power mirrors on now and just manually adjusting them until I get my harness built for the power adjustment? My concern is if there’s a connection between the mirror backing and the power motors that can be damaged by hand-adjusting them. Very likely this will be a one-and-done until I can get power to the adjusters.

mudpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you'd be fine. I can't imagine it being so fragile that adjusting it once (or twice, ot ten times) by hand would be an issue. If it was that fragile we'd have heard about a bunch of them being broken going through the automatic car wash

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda what I’m thinking, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask here first. Thank you.