Are there any old style mirrors with power control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yep, I remember those, too. The last few years of R/V Suburbans had the black plastic folding mirrors with power functions, but attached to a base that mounts it to the door just below the window line, IIRC. Since there's no spot for it at the front/A-pillar angle like a gmt400, due to the vent window.

And yes, didn't mean to confuse the subject, all styles of the gmt400 mirrors (and older) would be manual fold as far as I've seen, with gmt800 being when power fold was introduced. The highest option level of the gmt800 mirrors are power, power fold, "dip" on reverse, dimming, heated, LED turn signal in the glass, puddle lamps, and memory. Our SS's have those. They're over $500/ea new, if you can get them. :( (I'm sure the "dip" function and memory aren't native to the mirror assembly itself, but are handled by the bcm)

Richard
Yeah our Denali has those functions. Haven't used half of em even when we were driving it.

murphy455

Reaction score
Yep, I remember those, too. The last few years of R/V Suburbans had the black plastic folding mirrors with power functions, but attached to a base that mounts it to the door just below the window line, IIRC. Since there's no spot for it at the front/A-pillar angle like a gmt400, due to the vent window.

And yes, didn't mean to confuse the subject, all styles of the gmt400 mirrors (and older) would be manual fold as far as I've seen, with gmt800 being when power fold was introduced. The highest option level of the gmt800 mirrors are power, power fold, "dip" on reverse, dimming, heated, LED turn signal in the glass, puddle lamps, and memory. Our SS's have those. They're over $500/ea new, if you can get them. :( (I'm sure the "dip" function and memory aren't native to the mirror assembly itself, but are handled by the bcm)

Richard
Rzlights have those mirrors I just installed the folding signal ones on my 90 sierra st for more money you can aft for the paddle lights and other features