Anyone used these headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Halogens are good but run hot plus are not cheap and use a lot of energy to run. But you see how bright newer vehicles lights are blinding bright so I just give it back to em! Lol but on 800’s the fog lights are brighter than headlights because there 9006’s bulbs crazy so to me grab whatever new housings you prefer and do the leds!! You’ll be happier once you see that you can see more going down the road! Lol don’t go above 6000k for leds then they too blue and above that they’re purple

I'd put my halogen setup against any LEDS, in a correct GMT400 housing. Energy usage is also a non-concern, there is no electric bill associated with my 'burb :headbang:, my charging setup can handle whatever I throw at it, and you'd never notice a difference at the pumps with a change between the bulbs.

As far as heat is concerned...there is a giant heatsink on the back of LEDs for a reason, the "bulbs" may not be hot, but the rest of it is.

6000k is too white for driving, you need to be on the yellow side of the light spectrum. I had a 2017 F150 with the factory LED headlights, hated them, horrible for spotting deer at night.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely buy led bulbs off eBay here’s 2 sets they will change your mind on leds if you don’t already have them!!! But honestly get you clear lenses good ones don’t go cheap or just anything my headlights being clear not having the factory reflectant cut lenses have always been brighter than what all other 400’s came with besides Denali 400 that they’re bigger headlight but that they clear but those leds are no joke on lighting up the road!!! My lows are just about as bright as my highs that I’ve never changed out bulbs in 11yrs but are yellowish color but are still bright enough to make others turn off they brights so please for your sake and others in your ride get one of these led sets and definitely change out to clear lenses!!!
You must be registered for see images attach
This is why I keep a pair of these

within easy reach when driving at night. There are some drivers who are not yet blind and who would prefer to remain that way.

ThreeD

Reaction score
I bought a set of DNA Motoring Inc Clear Headlights from Walmart and the beam pattern was absolutely horrible. They were scattered and you would be better off using a flashlight. lol They were extremely bad. I sent them back and bought a genuine set of GM Guide brand headlights from a seller on eBay and they seem to be much better. I still have to have them properly adjusted, but the lights are much brighter than that of the DNA Motoring brand.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought a set of DNA Motoring Inc Clear Headlights from Walmart and the beam pattern was absolutely horrible. They were scattered and you would be better off using a flashlight. lol They were extremely bad. I sent them back and bought a genuine set of GM Guide brand headlights

My originals say Sylvania, as 1998_K15ub reported. Do the new ones say "Guide" on them anywhere? Maybe GM had mutiple sources. They used to do that as standard practice, way back. I think it's less common in our era and newer, but I have heard that frames came from 2 or 3 suppliers.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had zero issues with my Spyder glass lenses. Using Hella 100w blubs for low and hi beam. Also the 4 on hi beam modification. It BRIGHT!!!!!

That's the beauty of glass. Temperature isn't much of a worry.

Are those Spyders ALL glass, or just the lenses? I assume "all".

I wish I could run those high-wattage bulbs in my Arteb headlights, but I'm afraid to try. But I do like like their illumination pattern a LOT, so I'll stick with what I've got.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Have had zero issues with my Spyder glass lenses. Using Hella 100w blubs for low and hi beam. Also the 4 on hi beam modification. It BRIGHT!!!!!

How are you fitting 100 watt bulbs in the low beam side? Isn't it too bright for in town driving? Maybe the beam pattern keeps it out of people eyes.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I installed a pair of Eagle Eyes in another vehicle that looked great but the housings leaked immediately. After investing a ridiculous amount of effort and time separating one of the housings and cleaning it in preparation to reseal I reconsidered, threw them away, and bought new OEM housings.
I had leakage in the passenger side lens on the Burb, but I finally got some black silicone and coated the seams and where the bulbs go in. That seems to have fixed it; we've driven in fairly hard rain and the bulbs are still good.
I'm thinking what I should do for Rawhide is take the housing/lenses that came off the Burb,and polish them as @someotherguy suggested. I have some polishing pads for model car paint, they'd probably work.