Anyone had problems with RC 2wd lift spindles???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls6vettenc

Reaction score
Hey everyone. A few years ago, I installed a RC 4/2 lift on my 94 2wd. Since day one, I have had problems with the camber on the front end, with it being a few degrees negative. Ive done the knockouts, and can get it zeroed out, but the camber gets knocked out within a few hundred miles. This past time, I even tacked the cam plates in position, and it still did not hold. I'm frusterated to say the least. Ive installed DJM upper control arms which are used to correct camber, and still am way off. I also installed new moog springs on the front end at the time of lift kit install. Im not sure if the springs are the problem, or if its the spindles themselves. If anyone has any stock 2wd springs they dont need, id love to try them.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem with keeping the camber in check, and what the solutions was.

Thanks.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also installed new Moog springs but never had any problems, now they have settled and I need to lift it again..

I thought the DJM uppers were for dropped trucks ?

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I ended up installing a set of the fabtech upper control arms to get mine to align correctly. I also put in a set of moog cam bolt and what not. Haven't had any issues its been a little over a year now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
i havent had issues with the spindles messing up camber, just the dumbass mechanic leaving the cams loose

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I was going to suggest making sure everything is tightened down

ls6vettenc

Reaction score
The DJM uppers are for dropped trucks, but I had the same problem a lowered truck would have in regards to camber. I guess ill get some new cam bolts and try to get the camber set one more time. I mean I tacked the last ones in place, and they still moved. This is just really challenging me to say the least.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DJM uppers are for dropped trucks, but I had the same problem a lowered truck would have in regards to camber. I guess ill get some new cam bolts and try to get the camber set one more time. I mean I tacked the last ones in place, and they still moved. This is just really challenging me to say the least.

I feel your pain believe me.... I had a Fabtech 7.5 " lift installed and had nothing but problems, countless alignments. I removed it for the spindle lift and had 2 different set of rims and tires ( new ) and 7 more alignments all within a years time, 2 sets of b/j's upper and lowers, tie rods x 2 sets gear boxes X2 pitman X2 idler arm X2 lots count of how many wheel bearings I installed. All parts were Moog , I can go on and on. I never had these problems when my truck was dropped. Like I said before, I will never lift a 2 wheel drive truck again:whymewhyme:

ls6vettenc

Reaction score
Im seriously considering going back to a lowered set up. Possibly a 2/4 drop, with some 18" wheels. The thing that sucks is my wheels and tires are pretty much brand new, as is the lift kit. Maybe I can find someone to trade setups with lol. I like the way it rides lifted though, much better than when it was lowered.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Did you change your upper control arm bushings? That could be your issue. I've never had an issue with mine. Been on there a few years now.