HELP RC lift problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXC1500

Reaction score
So I have a 93 2wd c1500. I just installed the rough country 4” spindle lift. Kit says it should fit factory wheels however my wheel is rubbing the knuckle at the 12 o’clock position. I also replaced the outer tie rods. Before the install I had no play left to righ and now I do. I’ve called like 5 shops and gotten no help and everyone on Reddit just says keep it stock. Anyone done this kit or had similar problems? Do I just need a spacer?
You must be registered for see images attach

Illbedipped

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those 15-inch rims? Try a wheel spacer to clear your rims. While you're in there, buy some new longer brake lines.

ATXC1500

Reaction score
Are those 15-inch rims? Try a wheel spacer to clear your rims. While you're in there, buy some new longer brake lines.
Yes they are 15” wheels. And yea I think spacer is what I’m going to do. Brake lines are stretched to full extent forsure. Any recommendations on spacers?

ethanmccll

Reaction score
My truck had the same issue. Check your spindle nut and make sure it’s tight and check the condition of the inner and outer bearings. If both are in good condition you should have a few millimeters of clearance between the edge of the rim and the spindle. If replacing the bearings doesn’t solve your issue for some reason you can just buy some 1/4 spacers from autozone I think they’re about 30$ for a pair

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did they say " Will work with 15" wheels." Or may, might, or should ? Because all three are not definitive.
From your photos it looks like a larger diameter and a little back spacing would more appropriate.

Framerailin

Reaction score
I just installed my spindles and had the same issue with OEM 15s I upgraded the wheels and the clearance issue went away. I second what others have said about the cheapo spacers. That will get you by for now. Also, you can unbolt the upper brake line bracket from the frame where the rubber meets the hardline and gently bend the brake line and reposition until you get some new extended lines. Bolt is a 13mm. Mine are zip tied for now, I’m waiting on parts as usual.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
while youre in there replace those sway bar end links lol

Reaction score
I have 4 inch spindles with 15 inch Alcoa wheels. The only reason they don’t rub for me is because of the offset of them. I would say try wheel spacers out. Just makes sure you get quality ones and torque them to spec