Amazon Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyonsperf

Reaction score
So I bought a set of stainless steel shorty headers from a vendor on Amazon a couple of years ago.
They have a 3 bolt collector with a ball connection.
Problem is, the ball is larger than the socket on my Magnaflow replacement y-pipe.
I've tried to get them to line up and seal, but no luck.
BTW, I don;t recommend these as they had pinhole leaks at the cylinder head flange that I had to have tig welded up before install. And they turned brown quick and show surface rust.

Does someone make an adapter to get them to seal correctly? The company on Amazon is gone, so no luck asking them.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought a set of stainless steel shorty headers from a vendor on Amazon a couple of years ago.
They have a 3 bolt collector with a ball connection.
Problem is, the ball is larger than the socket on my Magnaflow replacement y-pipe.
I've tried to get them to line up and seal, but no luck.
BTW, I don;t recommend these as they had pinhole leaks at the cylinder head flange that I had to have tig welded up before install. And they turned brown quick and show surface rust.

Does someone make an adapter to get them to seal correctly? The company on Amazon is gone, so no luck asking them.

As you know, Amazon is a store-front, they don't manufacture anything. And in my experience, a large percentage of "vendors" that sell through Amazon are also store-fronts / drop shippers, who also do not manufacture anything directly - and likely never even handle the product in distribution. You need to find the original manufacturer, who often wholesales to these online vendors and allow them to re-brand. So you might have 10 vendors selling the same product using their own name. And sadly, it is likely the original manufacturer of your headers is off-shore / China / etc. Not an easy task to track them down. Maybe with some good pictures, someone here might have some ideas.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might have to visit a better exhaust shop that can expand and bend up some tubing .If I was going to do headers and a y-pipe there's a couple co's that offer the setup's without the worries or hassles. If I had to weld on them out of the box that's where I would have stopped and packed them back up. Agree with Trio, dozens of companies out there seller these cheap headers in a couple different versions. Complaints are going to fall on deaf ears. Header discoloration can be a result of the tune being off.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even SS will get surface rust. GM and Ford sold vehicles with SS tubular manifolds that would get surface rust pretty quickly. Those manifolds wouldn't rot out but they were notorious for tubes cracking. Buddy of mine had an '88 S-10,2.5L. I must have welded up his manifold a dozen times. For that reason I have never bought SS headers.