Aluminum driveshafts for Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Burb has one. Noticed it when taking sway bar pictures. Put a magnet to it, no stick. Seen them in later 80s and 90s Chevy and GMC vans too. A former employer had a fleet of them and I worked on the one we had a few times.

You must be registered for see images attach

Arnt you missing the carbon fiber cover?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That's interesting

Yes looking at your Burb I would say mine has been rocking the nude look for longer than 7 years!

There's a guy who posted a while back about "what fell off?" Must have been this cover. From what I recall of the pictures....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Mine too probably. It kind of clunks when you change gears or leave a light. It doesn't have a G80, I checked the codes.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
FYI, there is a guy on ebay selling OEM aluminum 2015+ Tahoe shafts for $220 shipped. I just put one in my 94. I doubt the length will work for the Suburban guys but at 56.25 inches center cap to center cap it was perfect for my 94 SCSB with the 5.3 conversion. All I had to do was change the yoke.

I'm not sure what the forum rules are for links to eBay ads but I'll be happy to provide them if it's OK.