Alignment Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So last month i did a 5/6 drop on my truck. DJM lowers and springs with all new suspension. Everything but the spindles.
Took my truck and got an Alignment guy said he had to make some numbers up.. Blah Blah
I'm still chewing the outside of my tires up but it drives straight.

Does anyone have some alignment numbers they like so i can get this fixed. I'm about to pull the Triger on some new tires and don't want to waist my money.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He had to make up some numbers? Did you get the numbers that he made up?

Generally I try to dial in as much caster as I can while making it match on both sides, 1/16" toe in, and 1.4 degrees of negative camber. The camber is because of 275-section tires on the front, and it helps with fender clearance. I've got about 55k miles on my current set of tires and while they are about due for replacement, they have worn evenly. I try to rotate them every 10k miles.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had to make up some numbers? Did you get the numbers that he made up?

Generally I try to dial in as much caster as I can while making it match on both sides, 1/16" toe in, and 1.4 degrees of negative camber. The camber is because of 275-section tires on the front, and it helps with fender clearance. I've got about 55k miles on my current set of tires and while they are about due for replacement, they have worn evenly. I try to rotate them every 10k miles.
No i did not. I was there for 2 hours and ready to go.. Thank you ill go back and see where I'm at and get it fixed. I'm assuming positive caster?

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, positive caster. It helps your return-to-center. A degree or two of negative camber shouldn't give you funky tire wear and makes your truck more stable in turns. Toe is the main cause of tire wear. You want 1/16" toe-in. When you're driving, the rolling resistance pulls the wheels to 0 toe and you drive straight with no wear. You do not want toe-out, that makes your truck want to wander.