Aftermarket Fuel Line setup would like to replace everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
first I did the intake
You must be registered for see images attach

then I planned out he rest

then I did the tank

then I mounted the pump and started making hard lines

and connected everything with braided hose

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran stainless braided from the filter forward for both fuel and return lines to the TB (also ran lines for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator) when I did my whipple install. So I have all the part numbers you need to match right up to stock for fittings and stuff, but I don't know about the tank to there, I haven't done that yet.

It's going to be expensive. I spent about $200 on the lines and fittings for just filter forward. Of course, I also added a fuel pressure gauge, which is nice to have, but this stuff isn't exactly cheap either. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes. I can post up what I used if you think that would help.

Yeah if you have part numbers and stuff post them up as I might go this way after the filter. Expense is fine with me andunderstand have a rare car and usually having to fab stuff up for it. Im also debating at a later date to turbo charge or supercharge it to get a bit more power out of itfor towing and actuallyhave an extra t3 turbo and if I pulled the t3/T4 off the car coukd use that. I also want to add a fuel pressure gauge and maybe regulator and have plans on doing some type of programming with it, just dont want to chip it.

I did pick up the nylon lines today they were less than an hours drive away and covers all 3 lines to the filter , vent line should reach the front he said. Alsocame with the filter for it and some extra connections. Basically setup into filter is just like the steel lines. Was running around with the wife all day after picking up the line and some other stuff. Will post up once I get into it think imgoing to bed armor or undercoat the tank to before installing it.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Low4x4 setuo looks sweet. I wish I would have had more time to actually figure out what I needed and done something more. Doing the hardlines are no big deal but it was finding the right connections and getting them here in time. Didnt know was going to be out of town for a few days next week and wife ended up getting weekend off. The front I will have more time on at least.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the funny thing was that I thought the hard lines were going to be a huge project, but the intake stuff was done sitting on the couch watching tv, the tank stuff was done in a couple hours, and the only other hard lines were about 3 feet long...braided hoses only take about 1/2 hour forming, fitting, then making....if you are going to change out the whole system you HAVE TO know, what connectors you are going to use and where...I ended up with about 300 bucks worth of extra stuff be cause I winged it...my biggest thing was to use the factory in-tank hardware with out a pump and move the pump to the frame...I went overkill on the lines...5/8 feed and 1/2 return...you can stay with your size line just replace on piece at a time

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This whole thing has turned into issues. First front crossmember has completely shor I knew passenger side was bad and was going to weld it back together but after removing the tank I'm not sure how it was still there it was completely gone. No wonder they had a ratcheting strap holding it up. For a temp fix just welded some angle iron up there and oddrs are just another strap for temporary I'm not going far with it even pulling the travel trailer this year, usually less than 30 minutes and not use it much and in the fall pull off the bed and fix it right, either build a cross member or try to find one. Then came ground to pump but finally got that. Still struggling to get the new straps up as they don't seem to want to fit they seem to short, thinking about removing the plastic shield as it will probably give me enough loss to get it in. Then it is just run the lines forward.

Well I'm stupid, :Stupid Me: figured out the issue after I got the tank in without the shield, it was the temporary cross member I put in and it was straight with frame rails didn't think of the tank needing to be farther up when I did it. Was able to break the tank side loose and get it up there for the time being. Figure just run it without the guard for the time being and in the fall when I take the bed off will just do it right then.

Last edited: