Aftermarket Fuel Line setup would like to replace everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been doing some searching and really only found Draggin95 Post and the first link no longer brings anything up. Truck is a 94 K2500HD with the 5.7 and the motor will be getting rebuilt with Vortec heads but keeping the TBI setup or a Vortec Motor with the TBI setup in the very near future. I have the xtremefi 46 mm tbi unit that will be going on it. I have to replace the tank and have already had to fix the lines a couple of times already so would like to do it all. Problem is I need to order stuff either locally or from Summitracing or Jegs that can get it to me by Friday as I have to do it this weekend. I ordered and just received the pump from xtreme and picked up the new tank last night from Oreileys the straps and bolts should be in tonight along with the sending unit. I was thinking about just converting over to all AN and even just getting an AN fuel filter for it. But open to ideas and the couple of sources that makes the lines would be to late getting here. Main concern right now is to get the tank stuff done as it down and new and can finish it up later if I have to. Any ideas or what I would need for an fittings and adapters to get it from the tank to at least the fuel rail or filter area? thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are doing the lines from the fliter area forward at a later date, I would get the lines from an 88-89, they are braided stainless from the factory.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just do what I did when I went to my carbed setup. Run braided with an fittings from the filter forward

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I use Inline Tube for stainless brake, fuel and trans lines, But I don't think they would be able to ship it to you by the weekend, but you can try.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For what I read I don't think Inline could get them to me fast enough along with the other companies. I should have planned this better knew I was going to need to do this :banghead:. But tank is leaking bad now pretty now not quite a steady drip but probably close and parking it at an angle to help. I was thinking of doing a combination of hard and braided lines before posting this, I was researching and trying to find something on Summit or ideas. In Draggin95's post he mentioned using the -06 but his link for the adapters coming out of the tank does not work. Does anybody know which adapter this is? I think from there it will be easier at least to get the rear section done which is critical now. And will probably just do the rest when I rebuild or put the other motor in later in the year.

EDGECRUSHER

Reaction score
I used an adapter that Earls makes. I wish I had the model number for you, but they do make something that works, just keep looking. I have to warn you though mine started leaking shortly afterwards. I believe they might have been a swivel design..

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that sucks about the leaking, and with my luck it would of course leak towing the travel trailer and basically all I pretty much use it for anymore. Also with a bad back its better not to have to keep fixing it. I did go out at lunch to my car and looked at the sending unit and did notice the connections have the orings on them and was thinking the connection would need them so it could just use the Female NPT fitting but having problems locating that, find lots of AN female to male NPT fittings. I asked about fittings last night when picking up the sender and straps and of course they didn't have anything (thinking this just in case) but recommended GasTank Renu, just called them and they have nylon kit for $125 and I think it was for the whole thing and all 3 lines. With nylon don't have to worry about them rusting out at least. Any opnions on going with nylon lines? I wouldn't be doing any serious off-roading with this so should be safe that way.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nylon lines are fine for all uses. Almost all of the new vehicles use them now. Plus they are easy to run and secure. The hard part is connecting them to existing hard lines.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I ran stainless braided from the filter forward for both fuel and return lines to the TB (also ran lines for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator) when I did my whipple install. So I have all the part numbers you need to match right up to stock for fittings and stuff, but I don't know about the tank to there, I haven't done that yet.

It's going to be expensive. I spent about $200 on the lines and fittings for just filter forward. Of course, I also added a fuel pressure gauge, which is nice to have, but this stuff isn't exactly cheap either. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes. I can post up what I used if you think that would help.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I run aluminum lines for all the hard lines...running 40 -60psi...make them yourself...very easy...the rest an lines and fittings...make sure you get the swivel fittings... easier to line up and connect..i can post some pics if you want

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherberto