AC R-134a replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used that product before. It works. It's propane and isobutane, IIRC.

I used it on an old beer kegerator. It already had a partial charge, so I didn't vacuum it and it worked fine for years after that.

It's more flammable than other refrigerants so you might want to weigh that in your decision.
I have used Duracool before that is basically the same stuff. That being said I like R152a better. Its not nearly as flammeable and the pressures run lower on R152a.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used Duracool before that is basically the same stuff.

Which oil is appropriate for these "mixture" refrigerants / blend refrigerants? Mineral or PAG? I've read in the past but don't remember.

I thought most of them were designed as R12 retrofits, so my knee-jerk is they're miscible with mineral oil. Are they miscible with PAG?

I've not been a proponent of any blend refrigerants in an automotive situation b/c of fractionation of the blend's components as the system leaks over time. Tightly closed systems, like those in refrigerators, seem to be the better use case.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does your truck have an R4 compressor? This is exactly what you need PAG150. Anything else will likely damage your compressor. ACDelco 15-118 AC Oil. Amazon sells it too,...but the link wouldn't work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

udidwht

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does your truck have an R4 compressor? This is exactly what you need PAG150. Anything else will likely damage your compressor. ACDelco 15-118 AC Oil. Amazon sells it too,...but the link wouldn't work.

You must be registered for see images attach
Good question have a look...

I was told it was a Valeo DKS compressor.

Can't find any pics of a Valeo that look like mine.

Here's a pic of mine...

Attachments

• AC compressor.jpg
    AC compressor.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 11