Weird thread size on New AC Hose Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskingry

Reaction score
Well this looks like a new one. I recently purchased a 1993 K1500 Silverado with the 5.7l tbi V8, the Air Conditioner system was leaking and the condenser looked rotten.

The hose connection to the condenser was seized so I had to replace the hose assembly as well. I ordered this hose:
The hose came with schraider valves so I ordered this set of port adapters:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So I pull out my compressor yesterday after finally replacing the evaporator as well and the port adapter I got does not fit on the low side valve. The adapter is too large, I also tried to direct thread the blue hose from the manifold to the Schrader valve on the AC hose assembly and it is too large to fit the Schrader too.

So my question is..... what thread is on the low side of this hose assembly? Has anyone seen this before, I will be calling the manufacturer today but wanted to see if anyone here had any idea of what's going on.

As it sits I cannot vacuum or charge the system at all, completely stuck in the heat of central Florida with no AC....

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback!

Jskingry

Reaction score

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you need a 90° adapter for low side? It's available in straight, regular also.

Jskingry

Reaction score
Do you need a 90° adapter for low side? It's available in straight, regular also.
I will be honest, at this point I have decided to order different lines. These are frustrating me to no end. I have the R134 quick release adapters and the high side adapter only screws on the low side adapter screws onto none of the two ports. As you can tell I am not an expert at this but something is just wrong. I have also replaced the condenser, oriface tube, and evaporator and replaced o-rings and seals at each step but am now stuck because what looks like odd connections for the ports. And I am doing all of this in the middle of a dash replacement and interior redo so parts are flying everywhere at the moment but I am at the step the dash goes in tomorrow then carpet headliner seats etc, then I get to fully focus on the AC.