ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT STAYS ON ALL THE TIME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem
WHICH "same problem"? ABS and brake lights on the dash are lit?

with my 1992 Silverado C1500. Brake pedal is nice and firm, Emergency pedal goes about 1/4" then gets firm. No leaks that I can see. MC has no leaks, not loosing any fluid.
Is there a switch that could be going bad on me?
ABS light = ABS problem(s). Is this RWAL? There's about six possible codes you could look for. If it's 4-wheel ABS, connect a scan tool, look for codes and look at the data stream.

Brake light on dash = hydraulic system imbalance, or emergency brake pedal not retracting all the way. Two separate system problems, one dash light.

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be your ABS....time to delete it. I unpluged the box on mine because it locked up the back brakes one day , still have to do the line swap and get rid of the rest of it....I have the fitting , just haven't got to it yet.

Pedal gets hard from time to time in its current state....

Doug in P.R.:cool:

drumsdaddy

Reaction score
Like Hot wheels burban and bowtie 72 I think you've got a leaking rear wheel cylinder. I had a dull red glow on the brake light. I read up on it and yep, it was true. Drum wasn't wet so I pulled the boot away from the cylinder and there it was. Replaced both sides. Then, I got rid of the RWAL module and piped around it. I know how to brake better than a computer and I haven't had a bit of problems. Adjusted the rear brake drums and I've got brakes. Fix the leaks, bleed, adjust, and you should be ok.

Remember, no matter how many electronics they put on brakes it's still hydraulics. You can't compress a liquid...something has to give. They have to give you brakes. Unless it's electric brakes...then you're in trouble.