ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT STAYS ON ALL THE TIME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave84_88

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im sure this has been asked a few times but i can't seem to get the ABS and Brake light to go out. i have a 1992 2dr Blazer 4x4. brakes seem to work okay but when i went off road (and buried it) once i got it back home i cleaned everything up and since then the lights have stayed on. this truck was not on the road for at least 15 years or more when i got it. ive replaced
cv axles
complete frontend
trans. mount
exhaust
rebuilt the Tbi
new power steering pump, pulley and lines
motor and transmission/transfer case was replaced about year before i got it.
any help with this would be appreciated
You must be registered for see images attach

bigdave84_88

Reaction score
yea. right now i drive it every day till my other truck is fixed so ill check it every couple days. i have noticed that the rear reservoir always low but i have nothing leaking and the wheel areas are dry no fluid leaks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice Blazer. To add to what 618 syndicate said, how is the brake peddle hight? You may need to adjust the back brakes if all else is good. Another clue is, how far can you press down the EMG brake peddle. If its more than about 1/2 way then you need to adjust the back brakes. I just did mine this week. Now my EMG brake peddle only goes down about 1/4 of the way before it starts getting hard. This also helps to pull up the regular brake peddle too, and can make it feel firmer.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yea. right now i drive it every day till my other truck is fixed so ill check it every couple days. i have noticed that the rear reservoir always low but i have nothing leaking and the wheel areas are dry no fluid leaks
I guess you were typing when I was. Again 618 syndicate is rite. If you are loosing fluid, you have a leak. Find and fix that, then do a system bleed, and see what you got. If the pressure is holding, and the system is bleed correctly, the light will not be on.

bigdave84_88

Reaction score
well the brake pedal seem okay a little spongy but fine i know when i hit the brakes it will pull to the left and when i let off it'll pull straight again. as in the emergency brake someone before me had removed the cables from pedal to rear brakes. i will be ordering the cables this weekend. as in fluid i know it's got to be going somewhere i have a 1988 c1500 as well and i had the same problem with the fluid but it turned out being a brake line was rusted had a pin hole. but i went all through the blazer brake lines. im thinking maybe the master cylinder could be dripping into the booster?

bigdave84_88

Reaction score
thanks i will try it this weekend when im off. i appreciate the advice. i would assume if it was leaking into the booster shouldn't the motor be smoking from the brake fluid.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks i will try it this weekend when im off. i appreciate the advice. i would assume if it was leaking into the booster shouldn't the motor be smoking from the brake fluid.
No, it wont. The booster has a big rubber disc inside of it. This wont let the brake fluid enter the intake. Most of the time though, when the MC starts leaking, you can see a leak on the booster where the MC bolts on. It runs down the booster and is under the MC .