A slow resurrection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
I love reading through these street build threads and figured i may as well start my own!

Code Name: Jezebel

Here's some info: 1992 C1500 Regular Cab with a stepside bed. Running a carb'd SBC with a 700r4. I've owned her almost a year and have put quite a bit of money into her.

The guy before me swapped the carb'd engine in and never hooked up the throttle cables all correctly so after much research I finally got that all fixed. He had also left the tbi air cleaner set up on it. I replaced it with a specter open air cleaner from O'Reilly. I also just replaced the starter. Blew the fuses in the tester at O'Reilly, which was kind of amusing.

The gauges didn't work so I bought some aftermarket ones to get me by until i can redo everything. Still no fuel gauge, though.

The dash is completely destroyed so I found a guy selling the complete dash for $30. I also paid to have it delivered to me so $50 total that I plan on putting in this summer. I also plan on painting it. It's currently maroon and want my interior to be black and silver to go with the exterior when I get her painted.

I picked up a Grant steering wheel for free at a yard sale. Just need to get the adapter.

The seat is a hot mess so I've been looking for a replacement to take and get reupholstered and put in.

She's currently white and needs a little body work before painting, but there is no REAL rust on her! Just a very small surface rust amount. The worst amount of body work is there's a small crack in one of the "flares". But I think just some body filler will handle it. And if not I'l' be on the lookout for a new bed!

I will try to get some pics up in the next couple of days! Hope you all can follow and enjoy this slow build! Thanks! :Rock on:

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
Picked up a set of power bucket seats with a console out of a '96 EC. The seats need recovered but it's all good as I was planning on that anyway!:Jedi::Jedi: Only paid $15 for the whole set up!!:badger_1:

Attachments

• console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    833 bytes · Views: 157
  • newseats2.jpg
    newseats2.jpg
    985 bytes · Views: 157
  • newseats3.jpg
    newseats3.jpg
    897 bytes · Views: 157
  • newseats1.jpg
    newseats1.jpg