A little help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
Hey folks, I decided to do some work on my Tahoe tonight and installed my under hood storage box, wiper arms, and wiper blades. I remembered reading the improved AC post and decided to do that too.

So when I pulled out the dirty passenger floor mat I noticed my carpet was soaked. I did a few searches and didn't find anything promising. Where the hell is the drain hose? I looked under the heater hoses and couldn't see it. Is that even my problem? What are the other possible causes of wet carpet on the passenger side?

By the way it's a 99 2WD Tahoe and I'm not losing coolant and the AC works ok. And I've been testing it hard in this 100+ Texas heat.

Thanks in advance!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The box on mine has a drain that comes out beside where the heater hoses go, under the hood, on the firewall. Yours maybe broken/cracked inside the box? Broken behind the firewall. Plugged? Guessing.

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
Ok I drove the Tahoe today with the AC full blast all day. (it's like 105 here) When I parked it There was a puddle of the AC water behind the front passenger tire. So does this mean my drain vent is fine and my troubles are bigger? Heater core? Just FYI I haven't washed the truck in a while and it hasn't rained in months.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I drove the Tahoe today with the AC full blast all day. (it's like 105 here) When I parked it There was a puddle of the AC water behind the front passenger tire. So does this mean my drain vent is fine and my troubles are bigger? Heater core? Just FYI I haven't washed the truck in a while and it hasn't rained in months.

It would be a good idea to check out the drain hole anyway, just to make sure that there are no obstructions of any kind. The other possibility is that your heater core is leaking. If that's the case, then you should have a strong antifreeze smell in the cab of the Tahoe. It really has to be one or the other, as there are no other sources of water in that area of the vehicle.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's what it should do. Heater core would be my next guess. Not hard to do. 2 screws that hold the cover on, next to the tunnel are a PITA.