99 yukon exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So forgive my ignorance but my 99 Yukon (California rig) obviously has an aftermarket Muffler because it says MagnaFlow on it but I'm not sure about the rest of it. it has two small welded in catalytic converter looking things one on each pipe before the pipe turns into one and heads for the muffler is this the stock setup? If so what are the odds that these could be plugged up? It runs good but doesn't seem to have the power it should have with the 5.7 engine. And it has blown its second donut at the Joint between the manifold and pipe

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 California GM has twin cats. Having leaking exhaust can affect tune and power. Still have poppet injection or upgraded?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has two small welded in catalytic converter looking things one on each pipe before the pipe turns into one and heads for the muffler
The service manual will have exhaust illustrations to confirm. At least, the '97 manual does.

Far as I know, GM used a muffler with dual inlets, not a "Y" pipe and a single-inlet muffler.

I don't think that's stock. But I did install a "Y" on my exhaust, and a single-inlet muffler. So I bet my exhaust looks much like yours.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The service manual will have exhaust illustrations to confirm. At least, the '97 manual does.

Far as I know, GM used a muffler with dual inlets, not a "Y" pipe and a single-inlet muffler.

I don't think that's stock. But I did install a "Y" on my exhaust, and a single-inlet muffler. So I bet my exhaust looks much like yours.
Some if not all of the 5.7L 2 door Tahoe/Yukons as well as the later vans in the 2000s had dual cats into a Y-pipe into a single muffler from GM.