Dual Plane MPFI Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may end up trying my hand at fabricating my own EFI intake manifold based off a Performer RPM Air Gap for one of these engines. I have noticed for some time now that Hughes performance offers one for the Mopar Magnum V8 and have seen numerous builds running it. The torque curves are table top flat and far more low-end torque than the Mopar Performance M1 single planes.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

One running on a 360 with a 236/242 @ 0.050 on a 110 LSA with nearly 0.600 lift cam. That old 360 is cranking out the power for what it is too. Torque curve looks like a table top.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
part of the reason that is such a a good upgrade for the 5.2 and the 5.9 magnum engines is it gets rid of the problem with the kegger manifold blowing the gasket on the bottom plate there are plenum plate upgrades and people have moded the kegger manifold your idea sounds interesting to me

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
part of the reason that is such a a good upgrade for the the 5.2 and 5.9 magnum engines is it gets rid of the problem with the kegger manifold blowing the gasket on the bottom plate there are plenum plate upgrades and people have moded the kegger manifold your idea sounds interesting to me
Oh I know. I have installed several of the Hughes valley cover kits. Also removed the M1 2bbl that came on my brothers 98 R/T Dakota when he bought it and put a modified kegger back into its place.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My plan is to tig some injector bungs into a standard performer rpm.
ok I misread that then.. I thought you were going to create your own. I did that once with a Mazda 12A Rotary Race Engine I had... All I could get was Holley Square Bore intake.. I wanted to try a Holley Spread bore set up.. Worked out not to bad, the small primaries and the beer can secondaries.. Took a bit of work to get the secondaries to open right time...

Suburbarn

Reaction score
I'll be cheering you on! I set a performer on my engine during the cam swap to see if there was any interference from the AC compressor etc. I couldn't find any show stoppers telling me no.
If I was doing a 383 I would definitely go for it.

I believe you had a Mercruiser version before.

Jeff

Attachments

• 1BEB2E8D-A5A0-4E7B-9C9C-EB111EB80DCE.jpeg
    1BEB2E8D-A5A0-4E7B-9C9C-EB111EB80DCE.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score