99 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK cool thanks. I have the three holer port in the center dashboard and a long cord charger but it would be nice to have extra ports. That's one of the things I liked about the 06 Denali; it had 4 or 5 including 1 in the back cargo area. Good for inflating tires or air mattresses. Gradually they all quit working though. That truck was great when we got it and at around 150,000 miles it started to break stuff. Or stuff wore out.
I added an outlet in the back of my center console as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New air filter, pcv hose, and trailer plug. Also found an unbroken latch for my underhood light.

Mounted the plug with a no drill bracket and converted the suburban side to just plug into the new plug.

Plug idea courtesy of @83GMCK2500

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Treated the suburban to new leaf springs and associated parts(new shackles and spring plates top and bottom) and hardware recently. I went from a 4/1 to a 5/1 spring pack. ATS Spring in Pennsylvania supplied the parts for this project. The new springs raised the rear almost 2.5". I need to crank the t-bars to bring the nose back up some. The ride is stiffer but not overly harsh with the new springs. I towed with the suburban shortly after the new spring install and they made a works of difference. Previously, the cargo trailer was dropping the rear almost 1.5"; now it drops the rear less than .5". This project was well overdue and I'm glad they're in.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mileage: 401,954

Changed the transfer case output shaft seal (leaking) and serviced the transfer case tonight. I also replaced the ac drain elbow recently since mine was MIA.

Well for whatever reason the Timken seal decided it was done with life after not even 5k. So I paid the piper and bought a new GM seal. No issues with it so far.

Installed new Mevotech TTX tie rods ends and adjuster sleeves from Cunningham Machine on Wednesday. The driver outer was sloppy so I just changed them all. Alignment is scheduled for Tuesday.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This morning's long procrastinated project was converting the suburban to hydroboost. Took me and a buddy about 5-6 hrs. He works far faster than me so that helped condense the timeline.

We did have to roll the dash forward to access the bolt for the brake pedal. It was not near as intimidating rolling the dash this time as when the hvac box was serviced.

I bought a new hydroboost ps pump, new master, the corresponding lines, factory ps cooler for a 98 k2500 suburban, and rebuilt/resealed the hydraulic unit. I also added a ps filter when I installed the pump.

Bled the system and did a bleed on the abs unit since my buddy has a scanner capable of that.

Took it for a road test and the stopping power is noticeably better.

Enough rambling here's some pics

Edit: Added bonus of this project, it cleared an entire shelf in my garage. Lol

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I had a new spare tire mounted on the steel rim yesterday. The old one had some cracking on the sidewall that didn't inspire confidence.