99 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced the maf since it was bad and changed the spark plugs since they were more than due.

I'd been fighting a stalling issue on the suburban off and on for the past few weeks and it finally became too unreliable to drive. I had it taken to the shop where a buddy works and it ended up being the distributor which was less than a year old. They installed the new distributor and did the relearn. I've driven it almost 200 miles since Thursday and its running well so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mileage: 401,954

Changed the transfer case output shaft seal (leaking) and serviced the transfer case tonight. I also replaced the ac drain elbow recently since mine was MIA.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New lower ball joint on the driver side. Also switched out the cv axle on that side to attempt to chase down a front end noise. Retorqued and lubed the sway bar links since they were making noise. Decided to try a Mevotech TTX ball joint since the Moog problem solver I removed only lasted 10K.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is my 99 Suburban K1500 LT I picked up in October 2014. It's been a pretty good daily driver and family hauler. I've not done much other than maintenance and a few minor mods. Goal is just a clean subtly modded daily driver.
Anyway on to the pics

Day I bought it at the gas station on the way home.

With my 95 it replaced

Added a 12v outlet in the 3rd row for the kids

Picked up a diesel bumper and 88-89 headlight brackets to cut up and use in the bumper

Picked up a hood from the pick a part since mine was missing most of the clear coat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
How much of an issue was it to put in that charging port? Would like to do this on my Burb, thanks

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much of an issue was it to put in that charging port? Would like to do this on my Burb, thanks
It took a couple hours on a Saturday screwing around. I recommend adding a connector, so you can still fully remove the jack lid should you need to. It took longer to hide the wiring than anything else. Otherwise it's just power, ground, and cut a couple holes in the jack lid.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It took a couple hours on a Saturday screwing around. I recommend adding a connector, so you can still fully remove the jack lid should you need to. It took longer to hide the wiring than anything else. Otherwise it's just power, ground, and cut a couple holes in the jack lid.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
OK cool thanks. I have the three holer port in the center dashboard and a long cord charger but it would be nice to have extra ports. That's one of the things I liked about the 06 Denali; it had 4 or 5 including 1 in the back cargo area. Good for inflating tires or air mattresses. Gradually they all quit working though. That truck was great when we got it and at around 150,000 miles it started to break stuff. Or stuff wore out.