'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you applied pressurized oil to it to verify if it leaks? I'd feel just fine at 600whp every day on a stock bottom end, that's accepted community wide as a safe place to stop. Plenty have gotten away with more.
I havent applied pressurized oil, but I can spray wd-40 into the area and hear a hollow noise from the pressure spraying into it and watch the lubricant disappear into the hole.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've decided to return this engine to the salvage yard I bought it from, they've been really great to work with and have been nothing but nice. I found another 6.0 short block that I am going to purchase Saturday. All the rods and pistons are intact according to pictures, but I'm going to check this one over in detail before I purchase it. Hopefully nothing comes up when I get it magnafluxed after I buy it. It's crazy how hard 6.0s are to find now, and how expensive they are when you do find one. I really lucked up on getting my first one for $390.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found another block, disassembled it in preparation for the machine shop, and discovered a spun cam bearing was the reason the engine was replaced. Rods are on the way, and pistons will be ordered in a week or two, then it's off to the machine shop for the bottom end to be balanced and assembled. I'm aiming to have it back on the road by the end of May.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have accumulated almost everything I need before I take the engine and components to the machine shop. Last things on the list are pistons and lifters.

I've been studying fuel systems, and I believe that I'm going to install an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and go back to a stock style inline fuel filter. With that being said, I'm considering replacing the rest of my factory fuel line with braided ptfe line like I did from the corvette filter to the fuel rail. Does anyone have any recommendations for a fuel pressure regulator that wont break the bank, but works well? Would like to have one with a boost reference port for future use.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's almost time. The engine block and components will be dropped off at the machine shop this Friday for assembly. They offer a 1 year warranty if you have them assemble the complete long block, so I figured that would be the best thing to do just to prevent any assembly error by myself.
I have everything except the fuel pump and fittings for my fuel system now, and have it drawn up on how I'm going to route it. I need to plumb it, wire up my ethanol content sensor, and change my injector pigtails for the EV6 style injectors.
If all goes well, it should be finished by the end of June! I'm ready to get Storm back on the road and enjoy it.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's almost time. The engine block and components will be dropped off at the machine shop this Friday for assembly. They offer a 1 year warranty if you have them assemble the complete long block, so I figured that would be the best thing to do just to prevent any assembly error by myself.
I have everything except the fuel pump and fittings for my fuel system now, and have it drawn up on how I'm going to route it. I need to plumb it, wire up my ethanol content sensor, and change my injector pigtails for the EV6 style injectors.
If all goes well, it should be finished by the end of June! I'm ready to get Storm back on the road and enjoy it.

Cant wait to see it. Think were in a similar boat. Btw. Have you ever used the high performance fuel pump from rock auto?