99 chevy k2500 ccsb speakers rpo UQ3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the count on the speakers im supposed to have? I think this truck may have a few replaced pieces that weren't reported. and im trying to figure how many speakers are supposed to be in the truck. right now the only speakers I know of that are working correctly are the 2 rear piller speakers and the fron 2 door speakers.. ive heard the rear doors are just dummy grills is that try? its freezing out and don't feel like pulling and breaking cold panels to figure it out.

6.5-k3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's all my cclb had plus the tweeters in the front doors, I just recently added speakers to the back doors and when it warms up some more I will be re wiring all the speakers.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I was just wondering this today. So theres no speakers in the rear doors dam...i really dont want to rip off the c pillars just to get to the wiring

Adam

6.5-k3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they are a pita and the wires run down the driver's side then under the storage tray then to the passenger rear speaker

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the SUV's w/ the Bose system got the speakers in the rear doors. Mine doesn't have speakers there either, but I plan on putting some in there eventually.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
My Tahoe had rear door speakers from the factory, I would think crew cabs would too since you have suburban rear doors, which also have rear door speakers.

However, the rear speaker grilles are very easy to pop off, and running wires to them isn't too bad.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would ditch the 4x6s. Probably leave them and just unhook, 5.25s produce better sound all together even cheap 5.25s vs good 4x6s, wiring speakers up is simple. I would run decent 6.5 components in front and coax 5.25s unless 6.5s will fit in the back too.

TGS00

Reaction score
does anyone have a pic of they mounted the speakers in the rear door? I have a 00 ccsb and found out today that it doesn't have speakers in the rear doors either

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
None of the 7 obs crew cabs that I have owned have had the speakers in the rear door's, only in the front doors and rear C pillars, and also the 95+ burbs that I have been around all had speakers in the rear doors, I am running them all in my 95 crew cab though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like everything's pretty much figured out in here. Just FYI though, the rear doors take 6.5" just like the front doors. Rear pillars are 4x6 but I prefer to use an adapter and put 4" round components in there.