98 Z71 Roll Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am strongly considering putting a roll pan on my truck. I have watched several videos on YouTube of guys that have roll pans on the OBS Chevys. But NONE of them mentioned cutting a bit of the frame off the end. Is this really the case?

I crawled under the rear bumper & took a look around. It looks like I'll need to do a frame adjustment. I really don't wanna do that. Any recommendations?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I don't think I've heard of anyone cutting the frame to install a roll pan. They just bolt on like a regular bumper would.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of the frames have rear bumpers extinctions (horns), much like the front, bolted to the rear of the frame, some don't. The ones that don't need the frame cut/trimmed to permit the installation of the roll pan. I think my 93 K1500 Blazer has the bumper without the ext. my 96 GMC 1500 had the ext,.If you do trim the frame and decided to change back to a full bumper you can bolt on the factory stock ext. to attach the bumper, just drill two or three more bolt holes through the frame rails.

You must be registered for see images attach