Roll pan with OEM side moldings and chrome front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I am debating going with a roll pan instead of a chrome rear bumper, since I can't find a good condition used one locally to me. I am completely unsure how it will look since I plan on keeping the chrome trimmed side molding, front bumper/trim, and doing the stainless wheel arch trim. Anyone have any pictures of what this would look like?

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my 94 back in 94 with a roll pan. And ugly tail light covers. Hey, I was only 34 back then, lol! I read every Sport Truck magazine cover to cover in those days. I only drove this truck 20k in 13 years before my son in law talked me into selling it to him. He was a hunter and eventually took it off and put on a junkyard bumper. I replaced that one just last summer with a new one off ebay. I think it was $267. Delivered. Had a dime sized dent and seller sent me a brand new one! I asked about returning the dented one, he said keep it! So I sold it on Craigslist for $100 as damaged. Anyways, back to the original question of how does a roll pan look with the side molding and chrome front bumper? I still like it, just isn't practical for me anymore. And I'm a senior citizen too so it offers a bit of protection backing up......Ha!

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
A new chrome rear bumper will cost around 300 complete with brackets, step pads, and hardware. The roll pan gives you no protection at all. SAFETY FIRST !!!!!
Yeah maybe a cheapo Chinese tinfoil bumper. There will also be a Curt roll pan hitch mounted behind the roll pan if I am to do one, which is more stout than any bumper.

Also if i am getting rear ended its going to screw my truck up regardless. The bumper being there would not have any effect on it.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Here is my 94 back in 94 with a roll pan. And ugly tail light covers. Hey, I was only 34 back then, lol! I read every Sport Truck magazine cover to cover in those days. I only drove this truck 20k in 13 years before my son in law talked me into selling it to him. He was a hunter and eventually took it off and put on a junkyard bumper. I replaced that one just last summer with a new one off ebay. I think it was $267. Delivered. Had a dime sized dent and seller sent me a brand new one! I asked about returning the dented one, he said keep it! So I sold it on Craigslist for $100 as damaged. Anyways, back to the original question of how does a roll pan look with the side molding and chrome front bumper? I still like it, just isn't practical for me anymore. And I'm a senior citizen too so it offers a bit of protection backing up......Ha!

Dave,

That looks pretty damn good.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also if i am getting rear ended its going to screw my truck up regardless. The bumper being there would not have any effect on it.
It's kinda like wearing steel toed boots. If you drop a 5,000 lb block on it, it's gonna smash your toes off. But if you drop a 100 lb weight on it, you're gonna laugh it off. If you bump into something in a parking lot, you're gonna have to replace that $300 bumper. If you crash into something at 25 mph you're going to have to replace the $300 bumper and about $3000 worth of sheet metal.

I like the clean look without bumpers on a vehicle, but I have bumpers and I wear steel toes at work.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score

I might have to do this to my 94. I love this look! What colour is that because I’mgonna repaint it at some point and I think I found what I’m looking for.