'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I try not to drive it too much in bad weather, but I've had it for 5 winters now and everything else still looks like it's in much better shape than that part of the exhaust. Couldn't undercoat that!

Damn time flies, I didn't realize it had been that long.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I am getting into this little project more than I had anticipated. I got the new replacement "y pipe" in the mail and it doesnt come close to fitting. I figured out why the old one rotted, the previous owner must have bought these headers to replace the stock manifolds and they are not meant to use the factory exhaust, so they cut and welded on new ends which is where it rotted. I decided that instead of trying to modify the new part that I would just buy stock manifolds so everything will be factory, and I wont have to ever deal with it again. I can't say I ever thought I would be swapping from headers to manifolds, usually its the other way around! I spent a little time removing the headers today, and luckily besides having to deal with a few rusty bolts that weren't quite the right size any more I didnt snap any! I am also glad I made this decision because the EGR tube on the one header was very rusty as well and snapped right off. Another good thing is now I wont have to worry about the plug wires touching the headers and melting!
You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of shape are those headers in?? If they're in halfway decent/salvageable shape I will gladly buy them off you! I'm not worried about the EGR tube if that's the only problem, I'm planning to delete the EGR off my truck.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
What kind of shape are those headers in?? If they're in halfway decent/salvageable shape I will gladly buy them off you! I'm not worried about the EGR tube if that's the only problem, I'm planning to delete the EGR off my truck.
They are actually in pretty nice shape besides that tube, they seem to be a thick/heavy well made header. If I recall they are JBA, but the big issue is these do not bolt up to the factory pipes so you'd have to modify that as well. If you think they're something you can use I'd be happy to ship them to you for the actual shipping cost plus $20.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Actually I was able to look back because I posted about it when I got the truck, they are JBA headers. Also I just remembered, you would need to get different plug wires, the OE style touch and will melt cyl 3 and 5 unless you get creative with zip ties like I did.
You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are actually in pretty nice shape besides that tube, they seem to be a thick/heavy well made header. If I recall they are JBA, but the big issue is these do not bolt up to the factory pipes so you'd have to modify that as well. If you think they're something you can use I'd be happy to ship them to you for the actual shipping cost plus $20.

I've actually got JBA plug wires made specifically for the use on these headers; and I was planning on redoing my entire exhaust anyway since I knew JBA headers wouldn't bolt up to the factory exhaust.